Will it hold the weight?

BlakeyBoyR

I was wondering if we had anyone who builds kitchens/cabinet on this forum, and if so, could they tell me whether a kitchen bench top will support 100kg ok? There is a vertical brace going to the bottom of the cabinet directly beneath where the tank will be sitting. The bench top itself appears to be a high density and thick chipboard that has been laminated with something.

The last tank I had on this spot was around 70kg, so I just wanted to know whether it will hold the new weight and how far I can safely push it tongue.gif

*cringes thinking of splinters in sensitive spots*

Andy..one would think he'd have his trousers on LOL.gif I'd hate to have a meal that had been prepared at your place woot.gifunsure.gifblink.giftongue.gif

Andrea smile.gif

The naked chef #2? laugh.gif

Blakey had mentioned in another thread (maybe it was on MASA?) that this is a second unused kitchen - so bum on bench isn't that unsanitary in his case - in mine however... tongue.gif

I proposed the fish room idea without much success unfortunately lol

My parents still have this wacky idea that it's a kitchen. It's also upstairs. The upstairs of my house is a stand alone granny flat with its own balcony, bathroom and kitchen etc. and as my Mum cooks all the meals down stairs (God bless her cotton socks), the kitchen upstairs is free for me to whack a tank in it.

Sadly, my parents are paranoid about a tank crashing through the bench top and as such, are on my back about how big this one is going to be. They've told me no bigger than two foot, but they didnt specify height and width tongue.gif I want it to be big, but not dangersouly heavy!

Archived