Discussion on WHITE KNIGHTS

monlunn

yep emotions are a wonderfull thing hay vic !!

And at times we get carried away !!

As u know at time its hard to write what u mean and mean what u write blink.gif

But as i can see that the mod that has deleted my reply has not owned up and it says all i need to know about the type of person he/she is. very disapointed and i hope this will not be the norm !!!!!!!!

Anyway im over it ..

Thanks for taking your time to atleast respond VIS!!!

+ i wanted to hit the 100 mark LOL

Thanks hug.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a grey area, as nobody can prove they are not a hybrid.

Check out this thread.

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?show...hl=white+knight

WHite knights are just a melanistic morph of normal electric blues. I have bred plenty of them and yes I have crossed them with normal electric blues and yes you get normal and melanistic fry.

lol

Its not a hybrid!

I mean come on, if ya thought it was a cross with a peacock wouldn't you just look for the sensory pits that are what makes a peacock a peacock?

Anyway there are other melanistic fish out there. Now I know you will say but melanistic things are black, and well your right BUT this is a type of melanism lol. OK so most people would say its "Leucism"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism

And I spose thats more accurate. But then you'd have to wonder why people let white oscars and convicts pass with no contraversy and then flip out at white knights????

White knights are treated the way they are to stop people just using normal electric blue females to pump out enough white knights to flood the market. As it is white knights now only fetch twice the price of normal electric blues.

Heres a couple of pictures of one in a display. Great fish but wont stop moving dammit!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As I sead in the other thread these are a pure form of electric blue with the lack of pigments, as said here the orange angelfish doesnt occur in the wild but are still an angel fish, Wnat to go further try the discus varients or guppy varients they are all the same fish showing genetic mutations in there colouring. Just because it is and african doesnt mean it can't have a mutation.

Archived