Off topic pics III

Cichlids_au

Took me a couple of minutes too. I sat there thinking, "Hmmm something isn't right... But what?..."

Then I realised, somebody has photoshopped that red circle into the pic!!!

ROFL !!!!!! *computer chair falls over backwards*

Yep, it took me a few seconds to see as well laugh.gif

carrying on from the previous thread.... I took the liberty to touch up and quickly correct the lightning shots that Andy posted (I hope you don't mind Andy! smile.gif ). I think they are awesome photos – really well done. But a touch over exposed... hard to do I know when you leave the shutter open. So a little bit of quick photoshop work to reduce over exposure and the results are:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and some of my shots of lightning (untouched by photoshop would you believe too!)

user posted image

user posted image

and one to inspire for the forthcoming F1 GP here in melb... I took it last year on Qualifying...

user posted image

steve

Re: This post

I thought that's how you'd do it, but i haven't had a storm now to try it laugh.gif I'm very keen to try it.

You underwater photo guys inspired me, so I thought i'd have a look and see how much a waterproof case is for my camera today... blink.gifLinky

But there are more underwater extras than you can poke a stick at laugh.gifLinky 2

maybe one day wink.gif

I'd love to get one of these babies, put the camera on continuous auto focus, and set the intervalometer for a shot every minute for like 30mins, then drop it in a tank....

You don't need all the extras.

I only have a housing. I'd love to get a strobe, but they are about $1200.

If you just want to get underwater and take pics, the housing on it's own is fine, and you just use the cameras flash (and the sun) for light.

I agree with Andy on this one.... cool.gif

I only have a housed camera atm and use the cameras internal flash.....

especially inside a fish tank, flouro lighting would prob be ok..... thumb.gif

Although a strobe is on the wishlist........( just gotta convice the bank account)

LOL.gif

Here is a shot of a King Brown (owned by Bob Whittey of NSW) that was hungry so decided to eat its own tail. By the time Bob intervened, the snake had swallowed 50cm of itself!!! The snake let itself go and within a few seconds it saw its tail wiggling again and had a go at itself again. So Bob fed it another rat, only 3 days after he had already fed it!! What a pig ay!! Anway, here is the pic.

user posted image

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PIC AGAIN AS I HAVE RECIEVED PERMISSION FROM ITS OWNER TO USE IT.

Cheers, Alan.

Thats mad. I know dogs chase their own tails, but i had no idea that snakes ate their.... Lucky it is immune from its own vennom wink.gif reminds me a bit of the joke where a snake bites its own tongue...

Considering it is a King Brown, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't hungry at all. They are just super aggressive IME. Way more aggressive than any other snakes I have encountered. One time, a big brown chased my brother in law about 20 metres. Lucky for him, his dog intervened and bit the snake nearly clean in half or he'd probably have been in alot of trouble. Also lucky for the dog he wasn't hurt either. Unfortunate for the snake I suppose - but I know I am happy with the result.

Considering it is a King Brown, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't hungry at all.  They are just super aggressive IME.  Way more aggressive than any other snakes I have encountered.  One time, a big brown chased my brother in law about 20 metres.  Lucky for him, his dog intervened and bit the snake nearly clean in half or he'd probably have been in alot of trouble.  Also lucky for the dog he wasn't hurt either.  Unfortunate for the snake I suppose - but I know I am happy with the result.

Do you mean a "King Brown" i.e. Mulga Snake, or a large "Eastern Brown" ?

Eastern Browns are certainly pretty nasty snakes IMO.

Although i've encountered some very cranky little Red-bellies laugh.gif i've never met a cranky adult one though blink.gif

I hope I will not be scolded for this...but hey i think they are funny laugh.gif Public toilet in a Swedish street.....from outside

user posted image

from inside.....

user posted image

Imagine doin your business while people walk right past tongue.gifLOL.gif

huh.gif DM, my brother had a guy out (a supposed expert?) to identify the snakes on his property. He was informed that 2 venomous species were present, 'red bellies' and 'king browns'. As well as some non-venomous pythons and such. They may have been misidentified, and might make sense since we are in the East? But I am only going on what I was told.

Lv426

hmmm i just cant imagin while u doing ur business some 1 might use it as a mirror laugh.gif hehehe infront it.

must be a great place sweden . if my uni go smooth end of this year ill be heading over there + acouple place in european

Thats crack me up

Hey Guys,

Well i finally got a bit of a chance with all this feral weather lately.... unfortunately there was nearly no visible lightning ohmy.gif it was mostly behind clouds. But i did manage to get one little baby bolt laugh.gif if you look really really hard, you can see it.... it's there, truly !

user posted image

Ok, ok, a close up of it laugh.gif

user posted image

And here are a couple of freaky shots taken around my house with a very scratched and dirty red lens thingy i got out of an old torch..... i like the effects.....

user posted image

user posted image

Here is another gorgeous sunset from the lowlands at Richmond NSW, taken while Quail Spotting smile.gif May be a bit dark for those with LCD screens.

user posted image

Andy

DM

here are a few pics that I've taken just mucking around with the shutter speed. These three are from The Strand in Townsville

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

My contrubution to the lightning pics

user posted image

I couldn't resist taking this picture at the local wildlife park

I call him, Nuts.

user posted image

more shutter speed experimenting

user posted image

This photo won me $5000 and a $1200 digital camera package in a Competition.

user posted image

This is the same pup.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This is the unfortunate demise of a snowman that we got bored of.

user posted image

smile.gif

Matty, there is some definite talent in those pics mate!! No wonder the dog shot won, its a pearler mate!!!

Cirulius, also some great shots. Love the pup, how cute!!!!

Cheers, Alan.

I totally agee with Alan, awesome shots Matty !!!

Love the cat cirulis !! laugh.gif

I was just sitting here browsing ACE and noticed movement through the window behind my computer, and it was a pair of Blue Triangle butterflies playing around, so i got some shots in before they departed. Gotta love 10x optical zoom...they were about 10-12ft away.... hehe..

I didn't want to resize it enough to fit on the page, so just click on this link.

Linky

Andy

DM

Archived