OT: Playstation or X-Box?

Ant

What one should i purchase?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh look at it this way. There are far worse things your grandkids could be doing than wasting their lives in front of a tv.

Some of the stuff you read about and see young kids do these days makes you cringe.... ohmy.gif

I'm just about to become a dad, so my kids will be lucky to have time to play Xbox3 or PS4 if I have anything to do with it. They'll probably have grown gills by the time they are 10 laugh.gif

I'm going to have to lobby the Aussie dive industry to lower the age I can teach my kids to dive. I'll go crazy having to wait 10 years. I can take them in the pool from age 8 laugh.gif

Hmmm.... I wonder if I can design a mouthpiece that will fit an infant.... wink.gif

I thought they were infantile posts, you have just confirm it.

LOL.gif Infantile V's Senile LOL.gif

Hard to see which argument has a winning potential...but as sufferers of both seem to have such short attention-spans, it will not be long before something else distracts both parties. woot.gif

Depends what games your into...PS2 releases games out like theres no tommorrowwhereas Xbox..IMO..takes ages to release a game..take Halo 2 for eg.

Im gona have to say..get an Xbox cause Halo 2, Out Run 2 and NFS Underground 2 are THE BOMB!! KILLA GRAPHICS!

cheers

Richard

Thats Right Richo thumb.gif

All the new games that are coming out usually are going on PS2 and X Box, even though PS2 have more games, X box have equally as good or not better games only for x box that PS2 doesent have.

for me i say PS2 coz Xbox doesnt suit my games

controllers are way to big and the console way to big to be portable... might as wel bring ur computer along

i play lots of RPGs and only ps2 has the decent ones like final fantasy and there is even a new FF12 coming out

also the bottons are easy to use when playing games like Street fighter :D

I just lay-byed an X Box because they have got Counter Strike on it. It was $290 with 2 games and $100 in vouchers. This will be my first game console since my Sega Master System many years ago. I also bought Hitman 2. Can't wait for crissy!

Well... my two cents -

If your a person who won't want to modify a console to get more out of it, upgrade your PC.

On the other hand if your like me, spend some extra cash and get your Xbox modded and then the options for games, movies, file transfers are pretty amazing...

Mind you, some people don't agree with the modification of something your have purchased but that is a moral quesiton i'd say... blink.gif

All I can say is - Modded Xbox - you rock! woot.gifwoot.gif

An Xbox can jsut be like a computer..With the power of a LARGE hardrive you can store sooooooooooooo many games and other stuff into your Xbox!..I have installed all my favourite old school arcade games into my Xbox..So you could call it a Xbox/Sega Master System really!!! .. laugh.gif

You can also mod your PS2 aswell!

Also both have that new Live. stuff where you can VS people on the internet...soo many paths to choose from! wub.gifdry.gifrolleyes.gif

Richard

Up grading the pc isn't an option...lol...its not mine its my dads. The big fella can upgrade it himself. New PC will cost too much. My point was that this PC is pretty good as it is and maybe i should just get some new games. But i really want a concole still tongue.gif.

Anthony

PS: At the moment i'm leaning towards playstation. I don't like the hand controllers on the X-Box and i am pretty used to using them. I am also a Grand Turizmo freak (although only played the PS1 versions) and really want it thumb.gif. Also the new little PS2 unit looks very discrete. I'm still open for oppinions blink.gif.

Hey i'm considering getting an Xbox over PS2....

when or is or has GTA:San Andreas came out yet? (on X-Box that is)

Tam

PS2 has the license for GTA san andreas for 12 months from release date. So don't expect it on any other platform before then - beit PC, XBOX etc.! smile.gif

BTW - I've just finished the last mission in the game - but still got heaps to do! Prob one of the best games Ive played.

Im still for Ps2! wink.gif

sab

I just found out the mission I am up to in GTA is near the last unsure.gif Disappointing because I haven't played it nearly as much as the older ones which I never finished LOL.gif

However, I still have plenty to do as well. I need to raise my sex appeal rating, invest in property, do my daily gym routine (and beat up the master sensei whenever I am in China Town LOL.gif ) Then there is always just hooning around on a Sanchez shooting people and trying to pull a double backflip woot.gif

Oh yea, GTA is what I play when I am not social gaming cool.gif

ps. after a 12 month license for PS2 version, XBOX/PC developers may or may not choose to release another version. Sometimes it just isn't worthwhile as they think a single platform reaches the large majority of the market as most serious gamers will have all 3 'major' platforms and a few obscure ones lying round (personally I call them nerds and know many of them) There is also the possibility that technology/gaming has progressed and made the game obsolete. not to mention the fact that this GTA will surely be censored before 12 months is up and XBOX/PC will never get a full release in Australia blush.gif

However, I still have plenty to do as well. I need to raise my sex appeal rating, invest in property, do my daily gym routine (and beat up the master sensei whenever I am in China Town LOL.gif ) Then there is always just hooning around on a Sanchez shooting people and trying to pull a double backflip woot.gif

so just like real life really! LOL! smile.gif

If only they had cichlid tanks in there that you could buy and then to take care of! smile.gif (note: the on topic for the ACE forum!) LOL! smile.gif

PS. im running around now to take over the territories and keeping the ladies happy! smile.gif

sb

The Playstation is a dinosaur. They have got to the stage where the new one is due out next year, so they resize the box and try and sell it as a 'Must Have' because its small. This 5 year old piece of equipment continues to make Sony Billions!!!!

The Xbox while a little better is still a dinosaur as well. I remember the hype made about CPU speed being around 750 mHtz when computers were only around the 300 mark. When it came out a long time later, the PC was well ahead in speed which made their claims to be pretty ordinary when released. All in all a good sales pitch. I'd either buy more games, upgrade your PC or wait for the next round of console wars to start late next year smile.gif

Lol....but I'm a tech geek and need the new stuff smile.gif

Chuck

Archived