OT: Playstation or X-Box?

Ant

What one should i purchase?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i know this is way off topic, and don't tell me alot of you guys dont have one rolleyes.gif . What one in your oppinion is better, and why?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS2 all the way - especially with games like grand theft auto: san andreas and the forthcoming PS2 only Gran Turismo 4 (IMHO the best car racing game ever - well number 3 is as obviously I havent played 4 yet - but have seen the promos and plans and it looks great!) you cannot go wrong! Another goodie is The getaway.

Those Nintendo controls are pretty pox and too large n bulky if you ask me too... smile.gif

good luck with the decision!

steve

I think it depend more on the games you wanna play and if they are all supported on your console.

Personally I think the console with the Game Cube is the best...better still spend the extra money on your PC and play the games that way, better again than any console(depending on the genre you like, game availability, etc)

See if a Videoo store near you hires out the game-consoles and try them both(or all three if ya wanna give the Cube a whirl)...see which one you like for yourself. wink.gif

X BOX all the way!!

Because No memory card is needed!

Here are some stats i got...

Xbox:

CPU: Intel Pentium III 733-MHz

Graphics processor: 250-MHz

Total memory: 64MB of RAM

Memory bandwidth: 6.4GB/second

Polygon performance: 125m/sec

PS2

CPU: 300 MHz

Graphics processor: 150-MHz

Total Memory: 32-MB direct Rambus

Memory bandwidth: 3.2 GB/second

Polygon performance: 75M/sec

X box Owns!!

Also halo 2 is a ripper of a game!!!

what about the original single and double screens Ninetendo "game and watch" from the early 1980s smile.gif

they were awesome… I have donkey kong, donkey kong 2, oil panic, fire attack, octopus, pinball and a few others. All still work and have original packaging - Probably worth a bit now! smile.gif

I also have an original intellevision - the rival to the first atari and made by mattell electronics - it still works! smile.gif

BTW - im still for PS2 - better designed and better car games (which is the major reason I bought mine! As someone else said, it comes down to the type of games you want to play

good topic tho

steve

xbox! you can do so many things with an xbox after you have modded it and changed the hard disk. Watch movies, play you're anime or any avi, divx, xvid e.t.c file formals and play games, just copy them in to the hard disk after you've rented them from videoezy and you're done. rolleyes.gif

clap.gifclap.gif

Neither.

Upgrade your PC wink.gif

For the same price you could upgrade your video card and get 1GB of ram.

I'm a bit biased as I only play WW2 and shoot 'em up games (BF Desert Combat / UT2004 etc) and a PC is the only way to go for that type of game (a hand controller sucks for aiming compared to a mouse).

If you are into RPG / racing, then I'd go xbox. It's too easy to install a 120GB drive and store all your games on HDD, if that's your thing rolleyes.gif.

A Pc i gotta admit is better for shooting games, but a console is just better for when your freind comes along and you wanna play a car game!!

You dont have problems with LAG on a console, and Graphics card are not cheap,

Just Chip your X Box and you can store games on you Hardrive,

You can also turn your X Box into a Linux!

120gb HD is only like 140$ and you can store 50 games on it.

Also when you mod your x box, you can get emulators for it and play Playstation one games, Super Nintendo, Sega, GBA, NES etc etc

Cheers

Daniel, ACE forums do not endorse illegal copying of games, so don't mention it again. I edited the offending text

hmmmm...trhe computer im using is already setup with G-Force 4 video card and is awesome for games...maybe ill just save my money and buy more games for the PC. Gives me something else to think about cool.gif.

Anthony

128mb, i haven't actually got many games for PC. I'm hooked on Diablo II so i havn't tested the computer on much else. But id say it would be more than sufficient for all the games out on PC.

Anthony

A 128mb Graphics Card is good, But depending on other system specs a game like Far Cry will usually lag if you dont have a fast CPU, Enougth RAM etc etc and that all costs money, especially when new games are always coming out, they need better hardware to run smoothley,

But yeah its upto you what you want to get, im Just giving Advice

Good luck Choosing

smile.gif

Bert (hoolig),

I vaguely remember you mentioning once that your first tank was in 1950?

Are you even sure you know what these new fangled contraptions called X-boxes are that these whippersnappers are talking about? laugh.gif

Just kidding mate. I think it's great somebody as "experienced in life" as yourself has taken the time to become involved in the information age.

When you were 20 or younger, like many of the members here, I'm sure you weren't interested in the same things your grandparents were into.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm assuming well over 60 if your first tank was in 1950.

Andy,

Thank for your good natured reply, you have a good memory, I am 78, when I was 20 I was in the Army during WW2.

My comments on the posts was meant to be light hearted, it is difficult to convey this in cold print, I watch my Grand childen sitting in front of a screen pressing buttons, YE GODS, thats what I am doing.

Never the less I see no value to a young mind in those games, but maybe you are right I am probably too old.

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Archived