OT: Playstation or X-Box?

Ant

What one should i purchase?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A PS2 or XBOX will set you back $250-300 these days though Chuck. I wouldn't expect anything new cheaper than $500 in the first year of release. Plenty of fun to be had on dinosaurs, I still play PS1 games as well as Mega Drive (MICRO MACHINES, the one with the extra controller ports in the cartridge!!) and other assorted old school games on consoles which generally reside in dark cupboards.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i voted x box too. i have 2 of them, so they can't be that bad. xbox live is another dimension that is just too cool. i know PS has it too... or something similar, but you never hear anything about it cause it sucks!

xbox games are awesome too. there''s no "playstation time" really - as in 50 hours to load a game.

the controllers are HEAPS better too.

anything playstation gets exclusively (ie the GTA series) xbox gets a year later anyway...

the only reason i prefer ps2 thumb.gif is because of metal gear solid and the GTA series these are without doubt the best games ever made! woot.gif on any console plus xbox controllers are too big (I mean what on earth are they thinking) dry.gif

After this topic thread i am more confused than ever. I will probably change my mind several times again before i finally purchase one but my general gut feeling is that i will buy an X-Box. I have had a few shots on both recently and i like both blink.gif.

Anthony thumb.gif

PS: Thanks for everyones oppinions, it is much appreciated thumb.gif

hey anthony,

dont buy xbox or ps2, just go onto ebay and buy yourself a SNES (super nintendo entertainment system). the best $30 you will ever spend. the old school games are just one of a kind and people pay top dollar to buy them, as a lot of the popular SNES games are very hard to find. trust me, i've been looking for many years. i still play them to this day, and my machine was the first SNES that came out. i even have the NES.

Have one already nova, classic games and all wink.gif , donkeykong country is always a great game to go back and reminisce on the old school SNES days smile.gif.

Anthony cool.gif

I like the SNES aswell, i had one.

I remember the day my Big Bro went out without me and came back with a SNES oh god i was happy!!

I still havent played Donkey Kong 3, i finished one and 2 but not 3 wink.gif

But get a X box, after you chip it, you get games from SNES, GBA, N64, PS1 onto your Hardrive already, then you can just play it when ever ya want.

yeh?? that's awesome that u still kept yours after many years!

i really enjoy all the Megaman series, Bomberman series and donkey kong series.

danielk - likewise, ive finsihed DK1 & 2, but i'm halfway playing 3 now...

any other megaman or bomberman fans out there?

do you guys know if you get an australian PS2 chipped, if you can play games that come from malaysia or china?

hey Nova

yes you can, just beware for the Crap chips, when they chip it, it only plays australian copied games, then they charge you like 15$ for a Boot CD so you can play overseas games.

Its crap because when ever you wanna play a overseas game, you gotta put the Boot disc in, then it loads the boot cd, then ya gotta take it out then you put the overseas game in.

get a chip that plays overseas games without using a boot CD.

Regards Daniel

I definelty prefer my ps2. X-box has better parts yes, but just throwing together better parts together in a box does not make it a better machine. Ps2 games are vastly superior to xbox games with the only exception of halo and halo2. I still prefer mgs to halo any day of the week.

PS2

GTA:San Andreas is too good.

Gran Turismo is the best no doubt.

I have a PC so do not need an XBOX.

The only good games on Xbox are 1st person shooters(Rather play them on a PC).

Half Life 2 Hammers Halo.

• 3 weeks later...

Well despite all this great information i couldn't decide between the two so i just went and bought some oakleys instead. Thanks anyway people smile.gif.

Archived