Feeder shrimp

jaz1986

Does anyone know of some places to get cheap feeder shrimp? I was going to get them from crayhaven... but i have just been told that crayhaven have shut down???

I am after some feeder shrimp (not brine shrimp... fairy shrimp) for my murray cod and bass. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

jared

it is just a birdy that has told me this... i think there is still an aquaculture place there... it would cost too much to remove all of the dams... but they have closed their website, email addy, and are no longer shipping feeder yabbies to the aquarium and zoo

you can always try calling them if you have their number!!

Or try say booma fisheries at narrandra... they will ship to you...

There are hatcheries all over the place... NSW fisheries should be able to tell you where..

good news... rob mccormack sent me an email today.. (the owner of Crayhaven)... they are very much still operational but just undergoing restructure... demand is far outweighing supply at the moment...

Let me know if you want me too and I can email you their current price list...

Maybe we can order some stuff in together... cuts freight costs... or if you are planning on going for a trip up there (btw... you would have to order in advance to ensure supply) i could split costs with you... and i know someone else wants some yabbies too... so we could split the costs with them too (or again... split shipping costs... i really do think it is cheaper than petrol)

Let me know either way

Thanks

Jared

Sounds good, email away.

Also, if it works out cheaper, we can get it delivered to my dads place (Central Coast) and he will drive it down to Sydney any day of the week except Sunday.

oops... johnducksbury@@hotmail.com

i put them in a bathtub down the back that gets all of the old aquarium water... this tub has a wetland system in it... and then when i am doing a water change, i take a load from the bathtub, and swap with the aquarium water... 50% of water change this way... 50% direct onto garden and direct from tap...

Only an airstone required for filtration etc cause of wetland setup

an order is going through for june 30 delivery from Crayhaven... if anyone is interested in combining, please let me know...

Species on order in quantities to allow wholesale purchase price:

Atyidae shrimp

Australian Smelt

Bait Yabbies

Dam Stock breeder yabbies

Freshwater Mussels

OTher species that may be avaliable

Rainbow trout

Pacific Blue Eye

Giant Spiny Crays

Machrobrochium shrimp

Silver perch

Australian Bass

Golden Perch

Mullet

Mulloway

Dwarf Flatheaded Gudgeons

Bullrouts

Gambusia

Baby and Small Freshwater eels

Giant Golden Snails

Black snails

Mudeyes (spiders and cooders)

sheep skull ??? (it was on the price list)

Delivery would be to pennant hills with pickup from here.- Payment in advance prefered... (direct deposit is probably easiest)

Thanks

Jared

are the bass available at the moment?a work colleague requires 100 for a dam.please send email regarding price and the chance of getting them and when they might be ready in this season.thanks for the line

I will check with Rob today and let you know... should be fine though...

100 bass is $55.... plus you share of postage... which should not be too much...

If you still want the price list... please post your email addy... or send me an email at aantreklik@optushome.com.au

Archived