6x2x2 Tang display

JamesF

Hi all,

I have had this built for awhile now, but finally got a chance to upload some photo's.

I built this 6x2x2 into the hallway of our house... The back end of the tank is in the garage, so all the cleaning, feeding, etc, is done there.

Still have a bit of work to do, and there would have been a few things I'd do differently now that it has been set up for 12 months or so... always the way!

It currently holds a colony of Tropheus ikola, gold comps, calvus, and orange leleupi.

Sorry for the not so good photos... iphones the best I got.

Cheers

James.

photo42.jpg

photo22.jpg

tank.jpg

Got some photos up of the back of the tank.

The biggest problem with the background is that you can't see into the back of the tank, so cleaning and taking out fish, etc. is difficult sometimes, especially when you are trying to pick out one holding female.... It also sits about 1.5m off the garage floor so I need a step ladder to get up to clean it.

yellow, If I had done it again I would have plumbed the sump straight into the drain and put a ball valve on it which would have made water changes easy as, I did get as far as putting a tap above the tank which makes filling it up pretty straight forward though....

I also installed sliding doors which completely cover the tank because it looks pretty messy otherwise, and the garage gets cold in winter.

The sump is a standard 3 footer which I built from different ideas I have seen on this forum and the net, it pumps around 5000L/hour.

Thanks for checking it out!

tank6.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank8.jpg

tank10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mate that is tops! love the thought you have put into the build, not many people have the cags to pull that one off, especially if you have a missy :bye: Really like your idea of a tap above, smart move for sure.

Just a thought here (and definitely not knocking ur build!) but have you considered a small black architrave and reveal (a narrow picture frame of sorts) around the tank in the hallway?

Cheers

Thanks guys,

Mace990 I am actually making a stainless border to go around the tank in the hallway... The tank sits opposite staircase which has stainless railings, so i think it'll blend...

Cheers for the comments.

PS... The T. ikola are still for sale...

Yeah that will finish it off nicely indeed. Post a pic when done if u don't mind :drooling:

lol ... I snuck the tank build into the design of the house.... and the cost was actually pretty minimal compared to building an in wall tank of an existing home and pulling out plaster, re supporting walls, etc.

Archived