black calvus

cichlid.lover

hey leptosoma dan did you sell it to this guy called luke??

well only the hides really and sits there the most.....he is like a little girl and the female take it like a man!!

lol

no i didnt move the decorations......i think its just the temp of the water suddenly changing

You can add a bit of hot water to each bucket of water that you're going to put in. That way, the fish don't get so much of a shock from the cold water. (That's only if you use buckets.)

Cheers

I'm isolating the male because he didn't look right he was just laying there and when I looked really close at him he had all the white spots on his fins and his body.....I put him in a 1ft tank and he is looking bad he is breathing deeply and nearly on his side.....plz god hope he doesn't die because I really like him

thanks guys really liked him......just relised my two girls have whitespot too so im dosing them with some whitespot cure

im going to sell the rest of my tropheus duboisi i have left because they are bit to agressive to each other and to the tank mates...

if your interested please text 0402821056

that is really sad to hear mate sorry for your loss. best to use white spot meds next time (hopefully there are no next times). also put a bit of salt and bump up temp to 30 degrees do a water change every 3 days should cure it quickly. im breeding lepto utintas, pulu point red zebras, yellows and msuli point acei's. those are the main ones haha but i have other fry from past colonies that i sold ages ago

Hi mate,

You should be very careful when treating the calvus as they very sensitive to changes in the tank.

Increase the temp slowly and add the salt slowly.

I was using epson salt with 1tbs for 10L

Assume your tank is 60L, gwt 20L from the old tank and slowly fill the new 40L to the hospital tank, i was doing it 20L per half hour with 1tbs per hour or mixed it with hot water in the bucket first. put the white spot treatment slowly as well. half dosage per half hour.

Increase your air pump during treatment and put some clothes around the tank so they can stay calm during treatment.

You should check your filteration and water changes more often as the whitespot normally comes from water quality and low temp in the tank.

Do the treatment as directed with your whitespot treatment.

Get some reading about whitespot treatment.

Good luck

Archived