St George Aquariums

Andrew

Hey everyone,

We all know that St George Aquariums is closing down. The last ever trading day is next Saturday, the 26th November.

St George Aquariums has supported these forums and all hobbyists for a very long time. On behalf of the administrators - past and present - we wish to thank them for their enormous contribution to our hobby and our memories!

Many of us have our own story to tell about the shop. I have no end of tales to tell and thanks to give. This one place has provided a kind of spiritual home for all of us and we want to thank them for eveything.

Most of everything they have is now gone. However, there are some amazing things still to be found. We all know of Laurie's passion for aquascaping - and the stupendous pile of rocks and driftwood he has amassed over the years. There are still several tons of the best rock you have ever seen, along with other equipment and dry goods that is going ridiculously cheap!

Remember their contribution - and let's support them to the very end!!!

Thanks to Laurie, Carol, Karen, Debbie and Rodney. We know the hobby would not be what it is without you!

Well said. To say they will be sorely missed is an understatement. Many of the breeding colonies I keep came from St George. When I moved back to Sydney I had been an avid bird keeper/breeder. A mate who used to work at St George told me to check it out as he thought I could really get into fish keeping. I couldn't believe the array of fish in there. They had such a great selection of types, colours and shapes I was hooked pretty early on. Like many of us, it developed into an obsession.

Thanks St George Aquariums (although my wife may not be quite so appreciative!).

People if you need tanks all the shop tanks have to go

they are drilled in the base so you can block them

or plumb a system

there are still some new tanks at great prices

used pumps, blowers, skimmers, etc

some dry goods, rocks and wood

was very strange and kinda sad there last Saturday

looking at what was a jigsaw with missing pieces

I for one will miss all that was St George aquarium

All the best to you and thank you Carol & Laurie,

Karen, Rodney and Deb

enjoy your holiday Carol & Laurie

As an addendum, Carol and Laurie will be attending the NSWCS Christmas party - so if you can't make it to the shop before it's gone, come along and let's acknowledge them formally!

St George Aquariums started me on cichlids years ago. I've just come back from London and I've just started up the hobby again. Really sad that St George are closing down. I got a 2ft cube starfire tank as well as rocks and bits and pieces at a great price.

Good luck and thank you St George.

PS: Andrew, are you living at Marrickville now? Didn't you use to live at Sydney Park Village? I remember your scary snakes and mice!

Yup :) I am one and the same. Now you have piqued my curiosity, you'll have to PM me to let me know who you are! lol

As a Perthy I've had the pleasure of going into St George a couple times over the years. One of the greatest if not the best store I've been to in Aus. I think a huge condratulations of the years and a thanks for what you have done for the hobby in Aus, thanks guys.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived