Feral Cichlids In NSW

sicj

There is a massive desease going through northern queensland right now.

I wouldn't be keeping any fish you catch out of any river at this moment in time until they work out whats killing everything. And where its comming from/ going to.

I wouldn't be keeping any fish you catch out of any river at this moment in time until they work out whats killing everything. And where its comming from/ going to.

Is there some more info on the "Disease" that you are mentioning. Do you know of a a link with some info?

Is there some more info on the "Disease" that you are mentioning. Do you know of a a link with some info?

I didnt know Kevin Rudd was back in town lol

Perhaps she means the illness that is affecting fish around Gladstone

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-08/qld-government-defends-probe-into-gladstones-sick-fish/3651746

Don't clink on the link Craig, the pinko commies at the ABC might get you.

Perhaps she means the illness that is affecting fish around Gladstone

http://www.abc.net.a...ck-fish/3651746

Don't clink on the link Craig, the pinko commies at the ABC might get you.

Lol no worries skip

Topogiga

contact Sorroz (Kev) he has them from about

4-7cm I think there may be some that are larger

and they are true strain Trimacs

Chris

Thanks for the tip mate, I'm now the proud owner of 4 baby trimacs... I can't wait for them to grow.

I guess another question is, if there aren't any around Sydney, then how far north do we have to go before they can survive? Wasn't there a bloke on here keeping Africans outside in Newcastle all year round?

Yes the desease around gladstone is what I am talking about. Its my home town so been keeping an eye on it.

Scarey part is its increasing dramatically. They think it might be comming from the bara, but they are not sure right now.

I guess another question is, if there aren't any around Sydney, then how far north do we have to go before they can survive? Wasn't there a bloke on here keeping Africans outside in Newcastle all year round?

That would be me

i currently have electric yellows hongi gold bars and livingstonii all living outside all year round

They slow up through the winter but they seemto be fine they just dont breed as much

I guess slowing down would make them easy targets in the wild but most fish are less actice in winter

That would be me

i currently have electric yellows hongi gold bars and livingstonii all living outside all year round

They slow up through the winter but they seemto be fine they just dont breed as much

I guess slowing down would make them easy targets in the wild but most fish are less actice in winter

Very interesting mate, would love to do something like this! Would be interesting to see what the lowest temp is the water gets to in the winter time.

Archived