my tanganyikan tank

jrod

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just mucking around with a few camera settings and came up with these. not very good quality but...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

i have some more new recent shots, ill upload them as soon as i find the memory card

These pics were just taken with a cheap camera. My dad came around with his new dslr. He took some nice pics. But he is stil learning how to use the camera properly. He can't find the memory stick at work. As soon as he finds it I'll put the pics up.

Stocklist consists of:

1 tropheus canary cheek

1 tropheus duboisi

5 tropheus Bemba

5 leluipi

8 Burundi frontosa

5 leptosoma malassa

5 black calvus

4 gold comps

1 white calvus

2 firefin comps

2 popelini

2 cylyndricus

3 julie regani ziaire

4 Lamp caudopunctatus

2 Steatocranus Tinanti

3 syno Petricola

1 gold spot pleco

1 peppermint bn

4 gold bn

4 common bn

The hood should show up in the next few weeks. Which means ill have some decent lighting. Got my LEDs waiting. Looking forward to completing the package!

The majority are males for that reason. Besides it's a dispay tank. Not worried about any breeding that does happen let alone interbreeding. There was no way I was getting a tank this size and having a single species. I wanted tanganyika in my house!

awesome shots. awesome tank. awesome fish.

May i make a suggestion? more cyps!!! more tropheus!!!

awesome shots. awesome tank. awesome fish.

May i make a suggestion? more cyps!!! more tropheus!!!

Done and done. Parracyps and albino parrycyps along with more malassa cyps very soon. Ikola, bulu point more bembas and dubs to come shortly.

The tank is really starting to come together now! Some real movement and coloration is being displayed. Fish are loving life in there!!!

tank looks great mate - starting to get some nice photos happening as well :thumb

tank looks great mate - starting to get some nice photos happening as well :thumb

Thanks mate. My dad had some beautiful photos but somehow he has lost the memory stick which is a shame because it had pics of when my son was born to. Wish we would have uploaded the stick onto the computer. The latest pics are some I took in one night. I will get dad around again to take some nice pics. He is a great photographer.

My only one regret is I probably should have done some kind of 3d background. I only went against the idea because I was in a rush to get fish in the tank as the tank they were housed in cracked. I patched it but continued to leak. In the end after setting up and cycling the fish went in just in time. Still happy with the overall outcome!!!

Thanks to everyone who has looked and commented

awesome setup mate,you must be stoked

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm pretty happy with it all!

Hi Jarred,

Thats a young looking tank you have there. Should be alot of fun watching them all grow. :thumb

Great pictures too!

Cheers

Joel

Thanks Joel. The fish are pretty much all juvies. I like it that way, watching them grow is fun for me plus it's far cheaper buying fry. Hahahaha. Your Petricola settled in nicely. I don't see them unless the lights are off which is a shame. I defiantly need more. Will be up again sometime soon.

As for the pictures, I surprised myself. Might start my new profession as the paparazzi. Hahahaha. But in all seriousness it makes a big difference when your holding a $5000 camera. I only had to push a button.

Awesome tank! It has made me want a lake tang display tank!!!!

The plants in there look great, any details on where to get them?

Cheers,

Mat

Thanks mate. I'm glad to hear your thinking of a tang display? It's very rewarding!

The plants are live plants from the lfs (oceanarium st marys). Got 3 lots for $10. Good deal I thought. Never been into plants but I think they work well to. The current in the water makes them move around also which give a little more life to the tank.

Sorry mate can't help you there. If my fish are hungry they tend to nip at the plants. But I think that will happen with any live vegetation

The majority are males for that reason. Besides it's a dispay tank. Not worried about any breeding that does happen let alone interbreeding. There was no way I was getting a tank this size and having a single species. I wanted tanganyika in my house!

sorry mate but i would love to know how you know their all males, either you can vent really well or your a fish whisper, coz most tang male and females look the same eg tropheus,comps, calvas, neo's, lamp's, gobies, frontys.

cheers Mike

Wherever I could source males that's what I have bought them as. If it turns out there is to many females or interbreeding or even unwanted breeding for that matter. The fish will be removed. They came up with a wonderfull invention called a net. I thought I explaind all this in previous posts.

Archived