Tank Journal

dogboy

I have been waiting for the update. So happy you have decided to put cyps and parracyps in. Such a beautiful fish and mixed with your Tropheus I'm sure the tank looks very lively. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for more new pics!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all good, i just saw your post and would say go for it, but i love my tropheus so of course i would say that. the other suggestions of featherfins and cyps would work also... i wouldnt go for the T brichardi though as they are more aggro than other T's

• 2 months later...

hi all,

it has been a while since an update. thanks again for all the kind comments.

anyway the tropheus are still very happy in here, they have been breeding well although most of the fry dont survive. i am getting a few juvies though and they are a great sight when you see fry or juvies darting amongst the rocks. i have also managed to catch the occasional holding dub and have sold some fry and put others back into the colony once they are 4cm.

the fish list has grown .

T bemba (40 ish), T duboisi "maswa"(20+) C popelini(5), A calvus(2), C leptosoma "mpulungu" (2 males), P nigripinnis (2 males), N leleupi (orange)(3), N cylindricus(6), E cyanosticus "kasanga"(3), L attenatus (1), N tetracanthus (1) and finally S multipunctatus (2)

anyway some pics ,they arent the best but please enjoy .

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thaknks for looking

lake tanganyka in your lounge, that looks fantastic the fish have grown heaps and i cannot believe how many tropheus are in there. well done mate

• 5 months later...

hey all, sorry its been a while since an update. added some (20+) simochromis diagramma and getting more algae on the rocks and backdrop so looking more natural. hope you like it

036.jpg

037.jpg

• 1 month later...

looks wicked dogboy arew they leloupi from my stock im getting my new tank next week 2.1 long 800wide 900 high cant wait to have my own peice of tang in the housewill put couple photos on here to show eveyone cheers richard

Hi Mike,

i have had these leleupi for ages (like 4+ years) , forgot where they came from now, a LFS somewhere. they are more orange in the flesh. i think they are breeding in there as they have a cave under some rocks and guard it well but have never seen a fry, i suspect they all get eaten.

wow thats a massive tank you are getting, mine is 800 deep and i have trouble reaching to the bottom, a 900 will be even harder. cant wait to see it. you getting it built in Adelaide?

Yes marine plus at lonsdale 1040 deliverd could not belive the price all12 mm glasstank is 990 50 delivery will put up some photos on 5 of may hopefully thanks for reply richard

Archived