ex killed my fish

ozcichlid25

can't believe i was in the process of moving out

left for a day came back and the tank was drained with the fish dead in the bottom

very upset and angry that she could kill them and there's nothing I can do

any ideas any one legal ways

tank had 6 bar frontosa, 5 electric blues, 4 electric yellows

1 tangerine peacock, 12cm bristol nose 2 albino bristol, 1crimson tide

breeding pair of red jewel forrest

:(

can't believe i was in the process of moving out

left for a day came back and the tank was drained with the fish dead in the bottom

very upset and angry that she could kill them and there's nothing I can do

any ideas any one legal ways

tank had 6 bar frontosa, 5 electric blues, 4 electric yellows

1 tangerine peacock, 12cm bristol nose 2 albino bristol, 1crimson tide

breeding pair of red jewel forrest

:(

She still alive mate ? That is just plain wrong.

Absolutely as above. The RSPCA will act on matters of cruelty to all kinds of animals, including fish. As a secondary matter, I expect she would also be liable for the monetary value of the loss, but I strongly advise you pursue the cruelty matter above all else.

It's a very upsetting thing that someone takes a gripe with a human out on an animal. Unfortunately, the law doesn't sufficiently punish the perpetrators enough yet - but things are improving.

I hope she loses a LOT of sleep over this - it can't help a person's karma to do a thing like that! Sick and wrong!

Gee that does suck, not good at all.

You must be glad she's your ex, pity its taken out on the poor fish that did nothing wrong.

If you have a settlement between you she is liable for the cost.But parkesq maybe right is it worth the hassle etc.

you definatly need to get in contact with the RSPCA about the matter, It wasn't the animals fault whatever your falling out was over, they were innocent animals, people need to be made accountable for their actions. But then again as Andrew said the punishments regarding animal cruelty aren't severe enough.

I agree that you may open a can of worms with any sort of action - I probably would not recommend any personal action to reclaim value lost. However, no matter how many cans of worms are opened, I could not and would not disregard the animal cruelty aspect of the matter.

I think one should be taken to task over what one's done to an animal regardless of the situation. A crime has been committed and since the animals don't speak for themselves, someone has to do so for them.

I always say there is two sides to every argument. Maybe the fish were all dead before she drained the tank, proving they werent is going to be hard.

I agree with Grant. Leave it be and move on. Chasing the cost of the fish is going to cost way more then the fish were worth and just cause more problems.

any person that kills totally innocent creatures to get back at another person is a sick individual.

RSPCA cant do nothing unless you have evidence that it was her so why go down that track ? i wouldn't be doing anything but thanking your lucky stars that she's out of your life.

thank you all for ur ideas I'm already seeking the cost as other property was damaged

but I agree that no animal should suffer due to someone being spiteful on a positive note she has addmited to draining the tank to the police so I guess the RSPCA will be the next place contact

at the end of the day it's not about the money it's about the fish the time and effort put into

my fish seeing there different habbits and personalitys to have them killed she needs to be held accountable

thanks guys I'll update you once it's finnished.

Well summed up ozcichlid, your right.

Was going to agree with Josh but as she said to police what she did she deserves the book thrown at her.

One can only feel for the fish with the slow death they would have been put to.

Archived