4x A.Rubescens

2x O.Lithobates

2x L. Caeruleus

2x S. Multipunctatus

1x N.Venustus

1x A.Latifasciata

1x H.sp.Flameback (questionable)

come and gone:

2x rusty cichlid, 2x saulosi - returned to get more of the mbamba bay's, (originally only had 2)

2x unknown peacock species - returned cos it wasnt what i wanted

what i'm not happy with so far:

the unknown flameback - will probably be returned

2xmaingano - looks like i ended up with 4 males and a female so i want to return the 2 largest males and try and get 2 small females. bit of a lottery at this size though.

what i want to add:

1x S.Fryeri

1x A.Baenschi

1x H. sp.Ruby Green

2x some catfish variety - probably BN.

so far so good. there is very little aggression so far and as i've added more and more fish the agression has pretty much totally disappeared which seems to prove the theory that "overstocked" cichlid tanks have less aggression i suppose. the plan is to have around 30 fish in the tank. lfs reckons that i could build this to 40 but i dont think i want to do that ATM.

Great catfish shots as they are hard to get. My Mrs thinks I have lost it as well. She loves it that there are babies and she did not like it when the Saulosi harrassed the Afra. She even nicknamed the Afra Elvis because he shakes his pelvis. Be aware they get attached to the fish which can make future changes fun.

the ever elusive cuckoo catfish.

i had to shoot these guys with the lights off in near darkness standing a few metres back with a 300mm lens. my wife is sure i;ve gone mental. lol

More good shots! I love the cats, not really checked up on them much as my first intensions were for my fish to breed but that side of the hobby isnt important now so maybe some of these guys for my tanks is on the cards. Tx for posting!

Your fish will probably still breed. You just won't know what is going to come out of the mouth. I find they add another dimension to the tank as the behaviours are completly different.

More good shots! I love the cats, not really checked up on them much as my first intensions were for my fish to breed but that side of the hobby isnt important now so maybe some of these guys for my tanks is on the cards. Tx for posting!

how many cuckoo cats do you have ?

it is inportant that you have atleast 3 best 5

i remember i never saw mine loan one thought it was dead did a search and found that they are a pack fish need to be in a group so i searched an bought more they were always out one of my fav fish the way they are all over the hole tank non stop

first one i bought from a store as soon as i seen it i bought it it was $65 for 4 cm then i bought 2 for $80 they were about 10+cm from here once i found this site lol

they sell for about $20 ea now for about 4-5cm

the more you get the more active they are !

p.s. gr8 set up :thumbup:

how many cuckoo cats do you have ?

it is inportant that you have atleast 3 best 5

i remember i never saw mine loan one thought it was dead did a search and found that they are a pack fish need to be in a group so i searched an bought more they were always out one of my fav fish the way they are all over the hole tank non stop

first one i bought from a store as soon as i seen it i bought it it was $65 for 4 cm then i bought 2 for $80 they were about 10+cm from here once i found this site lol

they sell for about $20 ea now for about 4-5cm

the more you get the more active they are !

p.s. gr8 set up :thumbup:

i only have 2 catfish. i didnt know that about the group think. will definately get another couple then ! i havent seen any for that cheap btw, they are normally double that...if not more. where can i buy them for that price ?

Just keep an eye out in the classifieds. I always thought of cats as solitary until I was told about the synos. Seeing four petricolas dancing at a time is a great sight. I am sure the cuckoos will be as well but I hear they maybe more nocturnal. They also serve a great purpose hoovering up leftovers.

Buying here was the only way I could justify financially getting a large number of cats.

i only have 2 catfish. i didnt know that about the group think. will definately get another couple then ! i havent seen any for that cheap btw, they are normally double that...if not more. where can i buy them for that price ?

hey what kind of camera do you have ?

i have tried taking photos of my fish and cant no where near the quality that you have ...

pretty much any dslr will give you great quality.

what makes the biggest difference is lighting, so using a flash is pretty important.

let me know what you;re using and i'll try and help. :)

Archived