2fter shellie set up pics!

Richard

Thanks Sarah! The substrate is just most fine white 2mm gravel with a little mixture of brown gravel. Im still trying to hunt down this type of fine white granule gravel type substate but cant find any (it was given to me by a friend)

cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

Nice pics....I have found that the N. multifasciatus prefer smaller shells. Perhaps try to source some "snail" type shells...those ones would better suit Altolamprologous spp. Sand for substrate is ideal. They love to push it around. This type of shell is more suitable...

Shells and N. brevis

merjo

Thanks for the advice Merjo! Ill try to get my hands on some of those shells

I used gravel because the breeder i got these guys from used gravel and the N. multis seemed to push it around etc..

cheers

Richard

Richard - are they the shells you got from me?

If I remember right, they weren't all that big (way to small for adult Alto's anyway) and they are the same size and type as the shells my multies have been spawning in. (Even though they have snail-type shells as an option)

It looks to me like there isn't all that many shells in there. Even just a pair of multies likes to have a few more shells. In my colony, each fish has claimed a territory consisting of a pile of 6 or more shells. They then build walls out of the sand in between the territories. I would take a pic but I pulled that tank down today to reseal it and have all the fish in floaties in other tanks rolleyes.gif

Here's a couple of pics from my multi tank. It has smaller shells, more of them, and fine sand, but you've already been told all this I see wink.gif

I agree with ducksta, they need more shells for sure. Mine seem to like anywhere up to 10 per couple.

user posted image

user posted image

Hey guys,

Ducksta: Yep they are the shells i got from you! smile.gif

Ill be sure to get some more shells in there soon...

Ive added some cylindricus and brichardi at about 3-4cm in there..Seem ok but when they get in the multis way they get chased hardcore! should i take the out? also id be looknig at gettting some more multis so the agression towards the other species would be higher right?

cheers

Richard

hi richard

sounds like too many fish for your 2ft , id take the cylindricus out .Did you add some more shells and if u dont have any perhaps add some more cave like structures

well i wouldnt have anymore then a small group ,becuase when they start to breed there will be no stopping them unless it gets crowded and then they start to eat their fry at least thats what i experienced , i only kept 2 females and a male in a 2ft

Archived