Glass Lids Idea

cokecowboy70

My local area has its council clean up and with all the rubbish people have been throwing out I have noticed small tv units with glass doors and larger kitchen cupboards with glass in the doors. With a screwdriver, and the owner's permission if you ask(midnight run if you don't), you could collect the glass which could then be used to make lids for your fish tanks.

The glass in these units hasn't been used for any chemical use, although should be washed thoroughly before use as they would have been wiped down like normal furniture.

But the price is wonderful. FREE!!!

While it may not seem suitable for everyone, it is an option outside the box for others.

If you can't cut the glass, at least having it available at home, someone else may be able to help you.

Rob

I am hopless with glass tank lids so I use styrofoam lids for my breeding tank. they dont break and keep the tempearture stable

Get sliding glass lids for future tanks.

have to agree here :) I went sliding lids on my 8x2.5 and I am so glad I have, they make feeding and water changes alot easier, by easier I mean I dont have to lift them off and place them somewhere where I wont trip and break them :)

I am hopless with glass tank lids so I use styrofoam lids for my breeding tank. they dont break and keep the tempearture stable

Get sliding glass lids for future tanks.

have to agree here :) I went sliding lids on my 8x2.5 and I am so glad I have, they make feeding and water changes alot easier, by easier I mean I dont have to lift them off and place them somewhere where I wont trip and break them :)

Agreed :thumb

Archived