query...tank prices

kahty

hi all im a newb first post... :D

im in rockhampton used to be in newy i used to be into fish hard core had 55 or so tanks at one point..

im getting a 6 x 2 x 2 for central americans. pricing starting at $1300 for tank and open stand, no hood ...

from what i remember i could get things a fair bit cheaper down south am limited here theres a whole 3 fish shops 2 of which are just pet shops cant find any forums for up here or even just local private breeders ...

any comments on prices or does any one know best ways of how to find local breeders if there are sum? iv asked at fish shops not much help lol thx

Place a WTB add in the classified, although I think you need a number of posts or be active for a while to use this. Sorry someone else may be able to help you more.

Regards

Ahmed ;)

Place a WTB add in the classified, although I think you need a number of posts or be active for a while to use this. Sorry someone else may be able to help you more.

Regards

Ahmed ;)

thx :)

Depends on location. In Sydney or Brisbane it is expensive, but in Rockhampton it might not be, get prices from all the shops around and see what happens.

Josh

Not trying to rub your nose in it but out LFS (in newy) is currently selling 6x2x2 as listed below for reference.

6'x2'x2' (10mm) = $415.00

6'x2'x2' with weir (10mm) = $455.00

6x2 stand = $182.00

6x2 hood = $182.00

Might be cheaper to freight one up to you. :lol2:

Depends on location. In Sydney or Brisbane it is expensive, but in Rockhampton it might not be, get prices from all the shops around and see what happens.

Josh

I do agree it probably would be a little more expensive, but your not on another planet and im sure you have glaziers up there that trade in glass. So a few hundred dollars i could understand due to freight costs but almost double the cost is just rude.

Im with Ben, the LFS in Newy is Tank Aquariums...(can I say that? If not i will remove if requested)

Also I know they come down to the NSWCS, Im sure they could deliver to the meeting or on the way for a small fee. Not that being in Rocky you will be coming to the meetings...lol

Cheers

Bluedog

i'am in north QLD and with all the mines up here tradies such as glaizers are in high demend, few mates have gotten quotes to make there own tanks 6 x 2 x 2 and the price has been more then the price from the LFS and i will say they are no where near as good as $415, thats a bargin

tanks all

pondering my options now lol

ill price sum glass can do the tank making myself have done b4 but not a 6 x 2 just ur 4 footers n stuff.. :D

so could have sum flooding probs lol

and also price sum glaziers to do it .....blonde moment there...not thinking that myself ...sad that im not in fact blonde tho lol

get in contact with those peeps sumn of u mentioned ... if those ops dont pan out

newy LFS expect a call :D lol.....i miss newy :cryblow:

thx for all tips n replys will let u know if i flood myself out lol

cant wait to get it the so so so excited i miss my fish

Archived