Trip to Lake Tanganyika

AlexJordan

Here's a link to a very brief write up (with pics) of my recent trip to Lake Tanganyika, if anyone is interested:

http://www.eerc.unsw.edu.au/Field/home.html

I am also wondering whether anyone would be interested in me giving a talk at an NSWCS meeting about my trip/research. I've been out of the loop so long I no longer know who to ask...

Cheers,

Alex

Aww that looks like an amazing experiance. Especially being able to research a step brooding cichlid in the wild.

What was the purpose of the study? I only just managed a quick skim of the article so I apologise if there is something in there about it.

Alex

I am sure if you contact Aline (chipimbi) of this forums she could put you in contact with someone from the club that could help you out. One of the best talks I have heard at the club was years ag, by Anthony Ramsey about his trip to Lake Malawi. I am sure they could find time to let you talk about your trip. I would there for sure on the night

Josh

Great, I'll send her a PM.

My research was looking into the way helpers disperse into other groups, and whether they do so in a way that maximises their breeding opportunities - I'll save the answer for a talk if I give one!

Cheers,

Alex

Great, I'll send her a PM.

My research was looking into the way helpers disperse into other groups, and whether they do so in a way that maximises their breeding opportunities - I'll save the answer for a talk if I give one!

Cheers,

Alex

Hello Alex and thank you for the PM.

I have forwarded it to the executive and am waiting to hear back.

Thank you for the offer of a talk - I am certain the opportunity will be embraced by both committee and members :thumbup:

Alex, would he be the cheeky ( but funny ) auctioneer at the auctions

Think with a little but of an accent!!

I'm sure all will be intrested in your talk and the information gained as well.

Must get along again.

Archived