4ft tank project

FlashieFront

Thanks for the comments guys. The tank turn out the way i wanted, we r very happy. We just had people over and they love it.

Here r the last pics, glad u enjoyed, hoped it helped out a bit.

Tank full of fish

IPB Image

Below tank, sump etc.

IPB Image

Complete. :lol3:

IPB Image

IPB Image

last, my next project. 5ft. but thats a different story.

IPB Image

;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really great job.

What stocks did you end up putting in it?

did you end up changing your air pump? Cause the bubbles look really good just curious how much pressure you have going into it and approx how much airline runs from it :)

Really great job.

What stocks did you end up putting in it?

did you end up changing your air pump? Cause the bubbles look really good just curious how much pressure you have going into it and approx how much airline runs from it :)

yes i did change the air pump. I had an old one, and it wasn't letting enoungh air out. The one I got is a Aqua One SR.12000 u see hanging. The information part says 2500C.C/Min. The reason it looks strong is because when i took the photo the shutter speed on the camera is set on a slower mode because i used no flash, it gives it that effect. But i can say it is a good air pump. Ive only turned the nob only 1/4 and it does a good job. I have three air line two of them go into one + 2 more, the lines are from about 1m to 1,1/2m. It is also very quite. :thumbup:

(what do u mean by stocks)

what comp dam :lol2:

robdog013

no worries about the fry. I need to be ready cause ive shut down a couple of tanks. so matts fry savers well come handy. :thumbup:

You mentioned that some of the rocks came from a LFS.

I've been looking for fake rocks for a 4' tank project and yours look ideal, can you advise which LFS?

Your tank looks great, hope mine comes up as well

Cheers, Peter

The pimp my tank competition.... http://www.pimpyourtank.com/Home_Pimp.html

I ought to slap you for not knowing about it :shock:

by stocks i mean what fish you got under that hood ;)

I've been looking for fake rocks for a 4' tank project and yours look ideal, can you advise which LFS?

Cheers, Peter

MVP, I've got , yellows blues, xenotilapia spilopterus, afra cobwe, Hongi, Maingano, 6bar frontosa (small), Mbamba, and a couple more which im not sure about there names.

ps. got ur cyber slap. next time i well read

:thumbup:

Sluggo

Rocks, try the aquarium/garden centre near Dicksmith power house at greenace, they have some of the smaller fake rocks, and a pet shop on canterbury rd left side if ur headind towards liverpool, and one in near lakemba they have some big ones left, and Narellen (Campbelltown) I collected over a period of two years from private and just luckly some of the shops had some. Some u won't b able to get any more, but good luck finding some anyway. :thumb

Cheers, Peter

i think those rocks are reef octopus brand seen a few around best bet is too call em up and ask where they distribute it them, think kims aquatic has it, riverside aquariums on cant road and yeah http://www.reefoctopus.com/v2/pub/products...A9AE87C591CA082

Cheers, Peter

i think those rocks are reef octopus brand seen a few around best bet is too call em up and ask where they distribute it them, think kims aquatic has it, riverside aquariums on cant road and yeah http://www.reefoctopus.com/v2/pub/products...A9AE87C591CA082

Thanks Guys for both the replies re the rocks, I'll check them out.

Archived