Pics of the new (and growing) family

missy

I have recently gotten into the reptile scene, and have started off my collection with a centralian carpet python, a knob tailed gecko, and, the latest addition, a ridge tailed monitor, so just thought I'd share a few pics of the growing family :)

Apologies for the snake and gecko pics, they were taken with my sister's camera which has pretty cruddy macro <_<

First up, "Boo" the 5 month old Centralian Carpet Python (Morelia bredli)

He is such a puppy dog, hasn't bitten once. A breeze to handle :) He's a much brighter orangey colour, than he is in these pics, now that he's shed. He should be a beautiful red/orange when he grows up.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

"Stewy" the 3 month old Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus levis occidentalis)

Stewy will pretty much stay the same colour throughout his life I think, maybe a brighter red on his back and more defined patterning.

IPB Image

IPB Image

These next photos were taken with my new camera.

"Bojangles" the 1.5 month old Ridge-tailed Monitor (Varanus acanthurus)

Bojangles is WA sandfire form, and he'll be bright red in colour when he grows up :lol4:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you can see, Bojangles is the most photogenic :lol1: He's got personality +! I love his little goanna throat :lol1:

Enjoy!

Very nice Missy!! I love the snake.

Last time I wanted to get a snake, I was advised against it since I own a cockatiel and that will make it bite. But one day :-)

What is that on Stewys head? A water drop?

How big do those Centralian Carpet Python (Morelia bredli) get?

Toufic - Who told you such a thing? The snake wouldn't bite on account of you owning a cockatiel :p Just make sure you wash your hands in between handling the 2 so you don't smell like bird!

Yes, that is a water drop on Stewy's head :lol1:

Bredli usually grow to around 2-2.5metres.

Zifin - Bojangles is such a camera hog isn't he?! :lol2:

My mum wasn't overly happy about me getting any of my reptiles, especially the snake (she hates snakes). But lately she's becoming interested in my snake, she actually touched it! :lol1: Bredli are really friendly (most of the time), I'm sure your missus would love it :)

Toufic - Who told you such a thing? The snake wouldn't bite on account of you owning a cockatiel :p Just make sure you wash your hands in between handling the 2 so you don't smell like bird!

^^ Thats it. I WILL and DO smell like a bird.. I think I always smell like a bird.. Pelvis is always around all over me!

Updated pics of Boo

IPB Image

IPB Image

He's showing more colour with each shed :lol2:

Toufic - I own 5 cats which I love to death, so me and my clothes constantly smell like cat, and my snake is yet to bite. As long as you wash your hands before handling the snake you'll be perfectly fine. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Thanks guys :)

Yellow, the monitor is about 8cm snout to vent length, with tail included he is about 19cm. He'll max out at around 70cm overall length.

Cyber Crimes, I'm not sure I understand what you mean :confused:

Hey great pic's ,, But at 8cm bod lg he shore looks great in that pic , next door has python's and will never forget having to slip the credit card inbetween the fangs and the two fingers in his mouth,,, but i was assured he had put the mouse he was feeding it to close and the snake got both in one gulp.was 4.5 mt long.

Lol Dobbin, that happened to my brother a few years back when he had a python, it had swallowed half his finger before we decided it wasn't gonna let go and we had to get it off ourselves :lol4:

Archived