Help on transporting N. multi.

mcloughlin2

If you getting the shells with the colony then just put them all in a few bags and you should be right.

If you arent getting shells then I guess you would have to bag the smallest seperately

Josh

In bags the shells tend to roll around and squish the fish/fry.

A Bucket is the best method, all the fry in one bucket, and large fish in another, shells are fine in the bucket with the larger fish, just not the fry.

If you have trouble getting fry/fish out of shells, just keep the shells suspended off the bottom. I made a small wire shelf/platform or you could use egg crate or a box filter etc. The fish swim out and down but dont swim UP so they wont return. It takes about a day to do this.

If your worried the fry will get eaten when introducing into the new tank then add them at night with extra cover and mix the tank around so existing fish are also unsure.

I transported my colony in buckets. Some were in shells, some weren't, and from memory I had some of the smaller fry in another bucket.

I don't think we had any losses that way did we Huzzy? ;)

I don't think we had any losses that way did we Huzzy? ;)

:) thats right.

BTW They are living in a 4fter now, and loving it.

I think one of them has discovered the magic of the canister intlet, because he will only drop his sand there, where it promptly disapears into my canister.

This continued even though he has to travel all the way to the other end of the tank after i swapped the inlet and the outlet over. :lol4:

Archived