Petrochromis 'longola' pic

Jim

Hi All, luv these guys had to share

user posted image

Pic is from cichlid-forum, a breeder i US kentucky is breeding them

This little fellow is glowing in colour cool.gif cant understand why there not an allowable import angry.gif

Nigel- they look exactly like tropheus at this size wink2.gif

Jim...i also would luv a colony of these petros!!!!

i think u should submit a request to make more petros available in Australia. Maybe no one has tried before that is why only one variant is available. I don't see how it can become a pest in our waterways since it has very similar requirements to tropheus which are all allowable imports.

Let us make this your mission Jim!!! wink2.gifthumbup.gif

Good Luck!

Dave

I think we sould make this a Petrochromis thread

Anyone with pics post away

Petrochromis 'trewavasae' owned by a breeder in sweden (brichardiman)

user posted image

Enjoy...

Cameron nice pic thumb.gif

Having seen them myself in Germany I agree lets see if we can get them all on them import list.

Jim the only problem is availability of fry the only ones breed in commercial quantitys are Trewavasae. So find me a supplier that has them small in other locations. cool.gif

Having seen them myself in Germany I agree lets see if we can get them all on them import list.

Jim the only problem is availability of fry the only ones breed in commercial quantitys are Trewavasae. So find me a supplier that has them small in other locations.  cool.gif

Yep understand Nigel.....can the catchers get fry out of the lake dntknw.gif

Wow Moshi are beautiful wub.gif

That is a very nice pic and link Justin. Is anyone on here actually keeping Petro's? I know only one type is on the list, some one must have them

Josh

It is no good just talking about getting them on the import list, we need to put it into action, make a submission today!

Jim, u could ask the guy in the US forum if he could ship some to Nigel? Does it work that way?

I remember Wayne from Xtreme had some F1 trewasavae for sale a while ago!!!!

It is no good just talking about getting them on the import list, we need to put it into action, make a submission today!

Jim, u could ask the guy in the US forum if he could ship some to Nigel? Does it work that way?

I remember Wayne from Xtreme had some F1 trewasavae for sale a while ago!!!!

I did try a few years ago to get Environment and Heritage to put both Petrochromis and Cyprichromis on the import list as species the same as Tropheus but with out any luck.

The problem you have is the submission has to have both scientific and environmental evidence to back it up. If some has the time and expertise to do this then go for it.

Maybe someone can dig up the environmental impact statement that allowed the trewavasae to get on the list? Then it would be a matter of cutting and pasting that sucker laugh.gif

laugh.gif Andy good thinking mate...wish it was that simple

Dave trying to put them on the import list will take years cryblow.gif i want them now yes.giftongue.gif

Archived