Priceless

anchar

Group of Tropheus sp. "bulu point" $300.00 rolleyes.gif

Freighting fish from east to west $80.00 shock.gif

Different foods as fussy buggars won't eat what's here $70.00 dry.gif

Dose of pre-cautionary metro due to a week of food spitting $25.00 cryblow.gif

Watching them spawn inside of 4 weeks of arrival.....priceless!

Andrea smile.gif

They are still in a small quarantine tank so this spawning has surprised me. I don't want to upset them with a flash so this will have to do...

user posted image

Andrea smile.gif

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif , nice one Andrea.

How many variants do you have now, at least 3 yeah?

Hey Andrea, is that a Bemba in with your Bulus?

Shouldn't be mate...I don't know how much variation there is amongst bulu coloration/markings dntknw.gif ...anyone??

Andrea smile.gif

great pics andrea!

Is your quest for tropheus variants ever going to stop? LOL.gif

I seem to agree with Jamie, the tropheus in the second pic in your second set of photos with the orange middle stripe definitely looks like a bemba unless the stripe is red. I know there is quite a variation in there markings but that one looks too much like a bemba. Maybe if we saw more pics we could clarify this?

Where did u get these bulus from?

Could u know list your tropheus species?

thx

Dave

LOL.gif @ Jim

Dave...he does look different to the others as he doesn't have the two patches. None of them are fully coloured (red) as they are still juvies. I got them from a T breeder in Victoria and will ask them for some more details.

Actually it's really 6 and a half species if you include the ilangi and lupota (iota) mixed into one LOL.gif

lufubu

nkonde

mpulungu

duboisi

bulu point

Andrea smile.gif

Hey guy's,

Just thought I would drop a line. I actually wrote to Andrea in regard to the fish in the second photo because I began to question it but when she emailed and said the fish had come from me that settled it. I swear on my life that it came out of my bulu colony along with the rest of the bulu's that Andrea has. I don't own any tropheus bemba's at all so I don't think I could exactly breed one and get it mixed up with my bulu's. Hope this clarify's it. I can certainly send photo's to anyone concerned with my colony to proove this to be the case. I like to think I am a responsible breeder and I would like to keep it that way. The fish world is too small to do the dodgy and rip people off. I pride myself on the qualtiy of fish I breed. Any queries you can email me at monlunn@hotmail.com and I can forward pics.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn

Cheers mate...I would have loved him regardless hug.gif I always thought that he was different looking from the rest BUT never considered him to be anything but a bulu (albeit odd looking woot.gif ). Thanks for the clarification....love the fish and obviously they love their new home wub.gif

Andrea smile.gif

i am sure if they are from Monique they should be the real deal thumb.gif !!!

I did find that the bulus were quite variable in their colouration. Keep us posted on how he/she turns out.

Anyway, Andrea would make a nice home for any tropheus no matter what they look like! wink2.gif

Well done clap.gif baby bulus are the cutest, crankiest little things wub.gif

6 varients uuuggghhhh catching up fast - I am only two ahead - quick where's that import list Nigel woot.gifwoot.gif

Cheers

woot.gif Don't spoil my fun Dave - Andrea knows I am only playing around.

By the way diplomacy, playing fair and fish all in the one sentence - I don't think it has been done before - onya Dave thumb.gifLOL.gif

LOL.gif @ Aline.

Well, she's still holding this morning...hopefully she'll go full term. Of course, they couldn't wait till they were in their tank proper no.gif I have one replacement tank finished...it's a slow process, even when you are building them yourself. I really feel your anguish over your tank hassles Aline yes.gif Now I have to start working out which fish go and which ones stay....not an easy proposition blush.gif Of course, all the T's stay hug.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Are you having a bit of a rationalise Andrea?

I guess you could call it that Mat LOL.gif More of a consolidation of species. I want to do away with a lot of smaller tanks, have a few larger display tanks and maintain fewer species. Well, that's the plan this week bigsmile.gif You don't want to know how many times I have drawn pictures up of the master plan woot.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Well guys I must say a big THANKYOU for your support I really appreciate it. As for the Bulu's Breeding already that is fabulous news. As I have said to Andrea, one of the females had spawned a couple of months prior to them going over to Perth. She did only hold for about 8 days though. The food got the better of her. It astounds me with tropheus how well they manage to actually eat when they are holding. Lets face it the eggs and fry aren't exactly small. In my Duboisi colony I have 2 or 3 females that eat right through and still have 12 to 15 babies. If we as humans were as efficient as these little buggers the growth rate in population would be growing instead of declining. Just my though for the week.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn

The colour pattern of the bulu’s change quite a bit up until they reach maturity, some of my old ones started off yellow then dark orange and then red. It’s a long process but they get there in the end. Others sometimes have the two red spots merging into one, others completely separate it’s just a bit of variety.

I don’t know for sure but they may be some of the offspring from my old colony I sold to mon?

Archived