Which Wildcaught Tropheus?

MoliroMan

Hi Guys,

I need your help to decide which wildcaught tropheus i should keep.

Please include links to pics and the reason for your choice.

I already have - moliro, ilangi, ikola, kiriza, duboisi, and golden kazumba.

Here are some of the tropheus i can get from Nigel:

- lufubu, ndole red, linangu yellow, chilanga red, yellow murago, chaitika, kasanga red rainbow, mpimbwe red cheek, kabimba canary yellow.

Your help is much appreciated!

Dave

Ps. if only i could sell my moliros? cryblow.gif

Thanks Andrea for the quick response! wink2.gif I can't sleep at night thinking which variant to keep! shock.gif

I really luv the lufubu but Aline already has them and i want to introduce something different into Oz.

Is the linangu yellow like the nkondes? I will be keeping them with my kirizas so there might not be enough of a contrast between them.

I have heard bad things about chaitika but i like the blue in them.

No one can produce a good pic of a yellow murago so i am unsure how they look like.

i am actually leaning towards getting kasanga red rainbow but have been told they look quite similar to ilangi.

mmmm, go the Murago (pic) . I know there Nigel imported some a little while ago but I reckon a few more colonies of such a cool fish cant hurt. Although you do have quite a few yellow variants already, perhaps some Chaitika for the blue.

Ps. if only i could sell my moliros? cryblow.gif

Is your problem finding some one to take them or are you too emotionally attached to part with them LOL.gif

If its the former, I am still in the market. The 8x2x2 is still on the cards for the Ts as soon as I move house (the wedding is in 7 weeks) and I'd love some new blood. If its the latter there can be only one solution, you need more tanks LOL.gif

-Mat-

EDIT: oops chaitika, not chilanga

Wormboy....i didn't know chilanga reds had blue in them? I thought they would look a lot like my ilangi though? I did consider yellow muragos but wasn't sure how they would look.

No i am seriously selling my moliro colony but only one possible taker withing Sydney. I would gladly sell them to u but am a bit nervous about shipping them all the way to Perth.

If i get a new tank i think my wife will divorce me! shock.gif

Wormboy....i didn't know chilanga reds had blue in them?

slip of the fingers head knew what it was saying, fingers thought different. corrected now.

If i get a new tank i think my wife will divorce me!

hmmm tough choice.

Novafishy....oh no....how did u know it was my secret desire all along to collect and breed all the tropheus species in Australia!!!! thumbup.gif I figured if all us tropheus fanatics kept a few different variants we could actually achieve this! woot.gif

My choice would be between the red rainbow or the canary cheeks....actually it would be the canary cheeks then the red rainbow. hug.gif

The linangu and Nknode are very simialar fish. From the photos I have seen the only difference is the brightness of the yellow.

Go for something completly different and get some of the Brichardi's. I'll stand first in line for the fry now.

Josh

Josh....i was thinking the same way..i don't want to get something that is already available and i don't want to get a variant that no ones want!

I figured the brichardis are great - i actually wanted the mpimbwe but if they didn't have nice cheek colouring, they will look quite bland.

R u sure Josh, u r not the only one who likes brichardi? I didn't want to get the yellow cheek because i knew u wanted to get them wink2.gif .

Red rainbows are impressive but have been around for years like the ilangi. I think someone other than Bengaboy kept these before.

Dave

If you want the canary cheeks get them. I would love see some in the flesh. I will probably be limiting myself to the odd looking tropheus, seeing that no-body likes them but me.

I wanted the Lufubu too, but it didnt stop Aline getting them behind my back laugh.gif

I have looked for some red rainbows before and found them very hard to track down. I know they have been here but havent seen or heard anything about them for ages.

The bemba is also a nice varient.

Yeah they are super agro and I dont know how they would go in a mixed tank. I didnt realise they were going to shared a tank. Maybe not the best pick no.gif

I love going behind peoples backs especially yours Josh woot.gif come to think of it their fronts as well LOL.gifLOL.gif

Dave I am sorry I have not replied to your PM and that you have gone to group counselling instead smile.gif

I have mentioned before that I have chosen my seven variants due to the colour variation and the ability to tell the fry apart - hence saving on tank growout space. The Nkonde's were my pure yellow variant and as I no longer have them I would be in the market for a pure yellow morph which I believe the market is lacking.

Go with what you like the look of hug.gif I have polli but wouldn't it be great to see populations of both polli and brichardi again!! I also love the bembas and believe we need to see a good wide orange band again some time soon wub.gif The hobby also needs us to keep hold of what we have as it will not be long before we lose the good strains again - look at duboisi lately!!

You need to make up your own mind!!!!!! and quickly by the sounds of it.

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers

The Nkonde's win hands down for me wub.gif

What was the totally bright yellow morph posted by someone a short while ago?? Was it you Andrea?

Cheers

Yes t'was me...but I've lost the link (and the plot according to some woot.gif ). They were a gold throw back of ikola from memory. Gotta love them yellows!

Andrea smile.gif

Hi Dave yeah its a tough choice i've been asking myself the same question? As I am planning on ordering a small colony of wild caughts 15-20.

Id probly go for the Lufubu if Aline didn't beat us to it. My following preferences are

1. Murago

2. Chaitika

3. Kasanga

Any Tropheus is a good Tropheus but there are definantly some outstanding ones. wub.gif

Andrea...thanks for the pics! Is there really a variant called samazi? I think they must have mislabelled a rainbow variant as samazi. The yellow or golden kiriza is apparently quite expensive and in my opinion not worth it. I rather get something that is a little more mainstream.

Mr Troph...u really have developed an unhealthy obsession with tropheus! i am also thinking about the yellow murago but want to see an adult pic before venturing. Maybe Nigel can ask the importer for a pic? I do really want a blue rainbow and chaitika does fit the bill but i have heard nothing but bad press about these little guys..maybe Nigel can get some pics of the current shipment of chaitikas they have?

How about a colony of these Kasanga red rainbows?

user posted image

Adam...if i do get the red cheeks and they do breed, i will remember to give u a special discount on fry!!! wink2.gif

Archived