Which Wildcaught Tropheus?

MoliroMan

WHish i had your dilema Dave...lol

Personally i would avoid anymore yellows they are great fish, but is an all yellow fish that flash, considering what else is out there??? But personally as far as yellows go i still cant go past ilangi (nkamba bay). wub.gif

the chilanga are a red ilangi, and you most of us have a type of red..Not being biased but i think I have the nicest lol Kachese drool.... rolleyes.gif

I think it will have to be a type of rainbow, the kasanga are VERY nice but there are a few colonies already in OZ...Qld even!

every murago pic i have seen they seem a little dull comparably, remember you can ahve almost anything you want!

Merjo those linangu and samazi pics look outstanding ( wipeing chin from drooling over samazi pics)

Dave i would get one of the above or some true brichardi canary cheeks...if you dont i am getting them as soon as i recover financially from the wedding....7 days..... tick...tick....tick... blink.gif

Lee...i remember seeing a pic of the chaitika in Ad Konings book and i was hooked on tropheus there and then. But i have heard from some reliable sources that they are a temperamental fish and only the alpha male displays any colours.

trofius...congratulations on taking the plunge! thumb.gif It will take u some time to recuperate before u can get some canary yellows provided your missus will allow u!

I am very tempted to get the canaries but am worried about the aggression level when placed in a 4 by 2 with some kirizas.

The linangu as Josh has mentioned is a pale yellow tropheus. I would prefer to get the Nkondes instead!

Samazi...is this a real variant? If it looks like the pic i would seriously consider getting it if Nigel can get it.

pheebee...i have looked at pics of the zongwe and really luv them as well. I initially thought they were the yellow murago. Do u mind me asking what tropheus variant u r ordering from Nigel?

Actually Dave i ment the samazi would be the ones i will get if they are avaliable

They are a bit north of were the rainbows are usually found but not by too much so i feel they could be the real deal...

Actually Dave i ment the samazi would be the ones i will get if they are avaliable

Dave, i looked up the samazi and they look from the photo like a kirschfleck absolutely black ?

Moliroman, i haven't decided yet. wink2.gif i gave Nigel a whole list of what i would like and he has gotten back to me so i will puzzle over that one tonight. confused.gif

Dave i would go for the canary yellow cheeks for sure, dont know of any colony in oz, they must be kept in big numbers

Kasanga red rainbows have been here for a while and are similar looking to the ilangi

I would give Chaitika a miss

i understand why you wouldnt get the chaitika then.that website's got some good pics i bet you wish it was your sight .I think i would go with the samazi after havin you tell about those chaitika's then dave thats just my pick

cheers Lee

i understand why you wouldnt get the chaitika then.that website's got some good pics i bet you wish it was your sight .I think i would go with the samazi after havin you tell about those chaitika's then dave thats just my pick

cheers Lee

I think I should let everyone know before you all get to excited. There is no Tropheus from Samazi the photo that Andrea posted was of a Kasanga red rainbow. As Samazi is very close to Kasanga about 20km if you like anyone with Kasanga red rainbows can call them Samazi if they like. dry.gifhysterical.gif

Well Dave,

It sure would be nice to have this dilema you are having. I hope to down the track to add the the few Murago that I have but naturally it is all time and money. You will have to make sure you post your final decision on the forum. I know there is a lady down here that breeds the red rainbows and the kaiser 11 I think it is. She still had a couple of other types as well but I haven't seen her in a while and I can't remember exactly what she had. Well I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn

Nigel...i have a sneeking suspician that pic was of a kasanga red rainbow! I think i may just get this variant after all!! I also hear there are some very similar red rainbows like the kambwimba and kantalamba. Are they any better looking than the kasanga and can u get these?

Monique...still waiting to see pics of your muragos! I was tempted to get WC yellow muragos but Nigel has informed me they only have juveniles at the moment.

Lee...go for the variant which your luv the look of the best!!!

Nigel...i have a sneeking suspician that pic was of a kasanga red rainbow! I think i may just get this variant after all!! I also hear there are some very similar red rainbows like the kambwimba and kantalamba. Are they any better looking than the kasanga and can u get these?

Dave I have imported all these red rainbows over the years. I think from memory Jim had either Kambwimba or Kantalamba I dont know if he still has them.

At the moment I think Kasanga are available but by the time you make your mind up who knows. dntknw.gif

As for the one that looks the best I dont know they all look much the same to me.

If I was you I would think about Muzi as I have never imported these and would like to see what there like. cool.gif

Hey Dave,

Unsure how to post pics but if you give me your email address I can send the best pic I have got and you can post it up. They are a real nice fish.

Cheers

Mon

Nigel..i didn't think Jim had red rainbows before. The muzi sound great, r they quite similar to lufubus? Let me know what u can get when it gets closer to the time u can import.

Mon..sent u a pm with my email address.

Nice mate the juveniles look arwsome to so you would have no trouble selling fry. Have you checked them out in the cichlid forum profiles they look sensational thumbup.gif

My kasangas went to ben and then to kasanga vince who still has them now, and my kambimbwa went to a friend which he has finally got them breeding

Archived