New Additions

TropheusQueen

I have just settled my brand new colony of Benthochromis tricoti into their tank and although not as brilliant as the photos (courtesy of Ad Konings) below - the alpha male has started colouring up in the last half hour smile.gif

I have waited a while for these - my next great challenge following the T's woot.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Will post some of my own soon.

Cheers

Aline

Come on Aline, u r too modest! I am sure u can keep any fish alive in your tanks!

We can't wait to see some pics of them when they have settled down!

U are starting to amass a large collection of exotics in your fishroom. I think i need to come visit u again soon! wink2.gif

real nice

how much did u pay for these?

$150 less per unit than they were a couple of years ago woot.gifwoot.gif

These guys are 18 -20cm and well worth every cent. A huge thank you to Nigel who looks after me well hug.gif

Congrats Aline,

For me the Tricots have always been that fish you see in the books and even on the import list but have been that little bit expensive or reported to be that little bit fickle to actually get. Its great to see that somone is living the dream and making the effort to keep these beauties. I wish you all the best luck with them and I hope they colour up like the picks.

ps, I'd love to see some trumpeting photos when your boys settle in a bit.

-Mat-

They have a 5x2x2 that they share with some lelupi, caudos and big bristlies smile.gif atm

I too can't wait to see them extend their amazing mouths in salute smile.gif

Had to pinch myself this morning as i still can't believe they are home with me woot.gif

Cheers

Aline

Nice Aline! They used to be on my wish list until I was put off somewhat by many of the articles that I read. I hope they do really well for you....I know that breeding them and raising the fry will provide the challenge that you seem to thrive on cool.gif

Andrea smile.gif

No Dave - the Trophs are a little hyper for these guys who like to play aerial acrobatics if spooked dry.gif so I am keeping it peaceful for them.

Andrea - me and my challenges - it must be this Type A personality I am stuck going through life with woot.gifwoot.gif I am not so much expecting breeding hurdles but definately ones in keeping the bubs viable - will expand my live food repetoire over the next few months smile.gif

Cheers

Archived