Desk tank at work

novafishy

Nice tank, something to keep you occupied at work LOL.gif

I think the shrimp are Paratya sp. but dont hold me to it. Catch them by the thousands over here in pretty much any creek/river. Get a scoop net and try a local water way. They normally stick around the edges in the weeds and vegetation hanging in the water.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have caught those shrimp in the pond/dam in Nurrangingy Reserve. Not sure if your technically allowed to keep them? I was just playing with a net in there with my nephews, and ended up bringing home a bucket full of gambusia as feeders but we put the shrimp back. I couldn't see the harm in taking a few.

My friend gave me those shrimp, so I'm not sure where you can get them or catch them for that matter.

They are really incredible in cleaning up brown algae. I was watching the shrimp clean part of a java fern with some brown algae on it and about 1 hour later, it was all gone!

wonderful little creatures they are!

I did have one death of a neon on Friday. Cause of death is unsure. Everything seems to be ok. Its tummy was eaten out tho. Any ideas?

I did have one death of a neon on Friday. Cause of death is unsure. Everything seems to be ok. Its tummy was eaten out tho. Any ideas?

Sounds like something out of the movie Aliens! shock.gif

Archived