massive tank

Alex

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I considered Tangs, which would still be my second choice.

I have alot of big tankbusters that are in need of some more space. Just makes sense. Probably cost me less to stock it too.

yeh, a tang tank would be beautiful, but nothing makes the avarage person wow more than a tank full of tank busters.

Wow! 15x10x4 I would never believe that a tank that size would be in a private home! I am trying to picture it, having a problem though... as someone else said "4 feet deep - are you going to be able to see all the way through?

Also - your "viewing area is 2 windows of 6' x 3'...

So why make it ten feet high? wont you be wasting 7 feet of tank?

Don't mind me... I'm relatively new to fish-keeping (2 years and still a learner) and I am sooooo jealous!

Can't wait to see the W.I.P photos! :thumb

• 1 month later...

Did anyone end up seeing the final picture? sounds totally awesome! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. thats big. :clap I've just done the same. But on much smaller scale, my tank will be 9'x2.5'x2.5'. It will be in the wall seen from entry to games room. I've just finish building my steel frame.

Good luck

Your in for alot of fun in the basment, my shed is concrete filled block with bondeck steel and 6" slab roof with grass on top only 4x3.2metres . From now onwards seeing the temp variation is greater between inside and the underside of the bondeck celling the condensation comes as rain inside. It runs down the walls and floor and down your back when cleaning the top tanks.

Using lids reduces this but bear in mind this room only has 3500 litres .I have a exhaust fan mounted in the window but when you spend dollars to heat you are reluctant to suck the moisture and heat out the window.

Maybe look into air conditioning.

Do you have drainage in the floor outside in the vewing area big tanks = big spills ?

Will the room get natural light it is cheapest and to catch the morning low angle light tangs glisten with the full spectrum ?

ps a road trip sounds on the cards

Neil

Man u have had a hard time with the building of house, council etc.

Longest house build in years!!!

Due for that photo Feb 06, over 3 years!!!!!!

Must have something to post?

Gone off the tank now ( Lg Cats mostly) bummer, Go for B tricoti, should breed in that tank.

tiled inside??!!!!

Would that mean only viewing from the front in the 6x3 area?

how you going to see whats going on in other area's of tank

or can you see from top?

That would be hard as well at 10 ft wide & 4 ft deep?

( Dont like aged water,)

so how you going to do your water changes? :thumb

• 8 months later...

Is this thread dead?

Like everyone else on here, really want to see pic's of Alex's tank.

Has anyone local to him paid a visit yet to see it in person?

Yeah reading through the thread he changed his mind a lot about fish stock, would be awesome if he did manage to pull it off, maybe not in the basement though, I'd be taking advantage of natural light. Maybe one day I'll incorporate a wall tank into my house design, maybe not on this scale though.

Archived