Long pelvic

squidfish

Hi

Well its back to the mbuna tank for the first photo session of 2006 (been tied up in work). Anyway a few weeks before Christmas I had a call from my fish supplier who informed me he had just received a batch of wild caught fish that included an mbuna I had been after. He warned me though that they were in a poor state having taken their long journey from malawi to him via Scotland. I set off on the 90 mile round trip with not the greatest expectations. I have never seen fish in such an emaciated sorry state but took a pair for free given that the female was still holding some fry which would provide an insurance policy if the parents didn't pull through. I stripped the fry when I got home and the stick of a female was holding 8 young. I can happily report all are doing very well after much TLC and thought it time for some photography

The fish are Pseudotropheus sp. 'zebra long pelvic' from Mdoka.

Here is the male...

user posted image

and chewing some rocks with the brown female behind

user posted image

Couple more snaps for you...a display of dominance between the two male saulosi

user posted image

and one of Placidochromis phenochilus (from the west side of the lake) who is growing well.

user posted image

Cheers

Rich

Very nice fish and photography Richard. Glad they came up nice and healthy for you - some times the rewards are there for all the effort.

You realise that we dream at night of the fish available to you guys on the other side of the world..

Keep sharing thumb.gif

Cheers

Steve

Most cichlids are not allowable imports into OZ. The long pelvic is a dream fish to me too. If they doo get here they are one fish I will fork out top dollar to get my hands on

Most cichlids are not allowable imports into OZ. The long pelvic is a dream fish to me too. If they doo get here they are one fish I will fork out top dollar to get my hands on

Hi Josh

Just to let you know they are here

But we wont see them untill they reach $3 EACH

LOL.gifLOL.gif

Cheers

Craig

Hi Josh

Just to let you know they are here

But we wont see them untill they reach $3 EACH

LOL.gif LOL.gif

Cheers

Craig

Yeah I know they are here Craig. $3 each hey, shouldnt be to long before that happens LOL.gif

Josh

Archived