greshakei

Gav

finally got some pics of the greshakei we have. the first couple are of the standard colour ones I have.

user posted image

user posted image

luckily for me, the male and one of the girls had the albino gene, and i have been keeping back all the albinos i have been getting. some of these are now starting to breed. getting a nice sized colony together, but also have smaller ones that are for sale.

here is the albino male

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Are greshakei meant to have barring?

not trying to rain on your parade here mate but my greshakei male has no vertical stripes at all when he breeds.  just a really nice light blue colour.  when they get the stripes it shows some history of red top black bar in them, at least that is what I am lead to believe.  feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

i remember that post too smile.gif. the barring on mine got more pronounced over time. i was hoping someone with knowledge on greshakei may comment, still waiting.........

i remember that post too smile.gif.  the barring on mine got more pronounced over time.  i was hoping someone with knowledge on greshakei may comment, still waiting.........

You were quick to flame my greshakei, Not wise if you dont have knowledge on the matter. raisehand.gif

You were quick to flame my greshakei, Not wise if you dont have knowledge on the matter.  raisehand.gif

Lepper, when someone uses the phrases that is what I am lead to believe and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, they are certainly not flaming. Let's not turn a nice thread ugly over nothing please rolleyes.gif

what i would really like to know is if people generally think these are true greshakei. th bars had me a little concerned, but having looked at pics andy had in his thread, i dont think they are too different to other ones online. if people are confident they are the real thing, then i have plenty for sale from the coloured parents. later on i will have fry for sale from the actual albinos. but genetic wise its best to get them from the coloured parents before the line gets inbred. so feel free to post your comments smile.gif

Awesome fish Gav!!

clap.gif

what i would sell if the right person wanted them is albino fry from coloured parents. there is a really limited number of them as there is only one coloured female i have that produces these fry.

i have lots of fry coming through that is much smaller from the albino colony, those will be sold later.

the ones from the unrelated coloured parents will obviously not be inbred. the ones from siblings unforutnately will, but as the 1st generation inbreeding they will be far less inbred than most fish out there.

hope that helps a little smile.gif

Arj...that picture looks just like the male "ice blue" that I had....well the LFS called it "ice blue" or "red top greisheki". The normal greisheki look like Gav's, but I don't remember seeing barring dntknw.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Here is that post:

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=18366

From what I can tell (in books and on the net, there is a big variation on the tail in greshakei. some show full red, some show half red. The general rule is half red, but Konings shows pics of wild fish with full red tails dntknw.gif

Archived