Spectrum Cichlid Formula

prince

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mail order it from Age of Aquariums, best price around. Cost ya $7.50 postage but you'd probably spend that driving to the local LFS and back (with fuel prices these days).

opps, just remembered Age of Aquariums is www.aquariumproducts.com.au. Sorry. blush.gif

They do seem to sell out of the stuff fairly quick. Maybe he'll get some more in soon.

I thought a while ago Ben posted that there was very little of the 2.27kg NLS product coming in?

I just ordered 600gm of the 3mm stuff (large fish formula) as my larger CA's don't look to get enough of the 1mm stuff

so there is a new importer  cool.gif

so i have to wait 3 weeks  sad.gif

Jim are you sure Trans got them at the moment?

is this food one of the best food?

Cabramatta to Canley vale is walking distance go check it out

Last time i was there they had it

In case you lot missed what Pacco wrote. There is a new importer bringing NLS into Australia.

His prices WILL beat those that have been inflated by the current importer (OSI).

Have a bit more patience, but if you can't wait, Majestic Aquariums at Tarren Point has NLS. Not sure if he has it in the 2.75 litre size, but if he doesn’t buy a smaller container, till the larger size becomes available.

Think Quality Think Fish is a wholesaler, so we can't buy directly off them, but your favourite shop can, so if you want to pass on this new wholesale company's details (follow Pacco's link) to your shop of choice, and ask them to get it in.

Craig

Craig

Hi Guys,

The NLS cichlid formula in the 2.27kg is arriving first week of november. We have 60 buckets coming in our shipment so we will have good stock for a few weeks. Please let me know via email sales@aquariumproducts.com.au or ph 07 3800 5592 if you would like a bucket/buckets put aside for you.

Ben thumb.gif

The old NLS cichlid formula was a very good pellet food,it was a dark & semi soft and the fish loved it.There was also no/very little mess in the tank after feeding.

The new formula[mine is 2 months old] is a hard light brown pellet that the fish still love but my 400 liter tank is full of fine food particles afer feeding,even after soaking the pellets to soften ,it still makes a mess.

Just be aware of this should you buy some.

b.t.w i was feeding this food to large Haps i.e Adult N.livingstonii & D.compressiceps.

Cheers

Yes, the new NLS pellets do have some fine particle residue unlike the old one. I guess the manufacturing process has changed to increase the shelf life of their product. It does slightly cloud the water but i think it is still a top quality food! Personally, i think flakes leave a lot more mess but anyway my Tropheus luv the new pellets and there is nothing left after each feed!

my Tropheus luv the new pellets and there is nothing left after each feed!

What size are your pellets? My tropheus also go nuts over this stuff and I have completely gone off flakes as they are too messy. Anyone wants a 2.7kg OSI flakes? LOL.gif

so is the new NLS cichlid formula not as good as the old one?

Luckfish123 where did you get your NLS cichlid formula from?

NLS is still a very good food ,my fish go nuts over it.They claim it colours your fish to perfection.The old formula did, using the new formula i don't see this happening.

I still use it as part of a balanced diet & i buy it through the lfs [they order it in for me]

Cheers

If I could get the sinking wafers they've made (new in the US) then I wouldn't need anything else. At the moment the plecs get zuchinni & wardley sinking wafers, the fish also get krill or earthworms for treats.

My 20cm+ gibby races out to eat the pellets & my pictus goes totally off it's dial for them! The 3mm pellets are definately a step in the right direction if you have larger fish (6"+)

Oracle...the NLS Cichlid formula has only one size which i think is ~1mm. This is more than enough for my tropheus. I don't even presoak them now and they just absorb water and sink to the bottom very quickly. No bloat yet and many mouthfuls to show for it! I still feed them a staple diet of spirulina flakes though.

Luckfish123...what do u mean that u don't see the new formula gives the fish perfect coloration?

Archived