Guess What I am!

FREAQ

nice fish smile.gifthumb.gif

Yep L168

Yes L168 Peckoltia Pulcher they are, and right now theyre in a 2 footer.

I was lucky and got 6 hopefully 3 of each and it looks like maybe a boy has staked out the cave in the tank as you can see and lets no one near it.

Filtration is a 450Ltr power head on a sponge filter.

I reckon they have a much nicer colouration and paterning than the Maccas (L104).

But if you know where there are some really beautiful L204's about, now theyre gorgeous.

Look at that male inhabiting the caves already thumb.gif

168's they are smile.gif partly their colour and the length of tail and caudal fin give it away.

Enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying ours......when they let me see them of course.

Aline

The butterfly plec is renowned as being the chameleon of cats - on lighter substrate the gold shows up and dissipates on dark. Ours have dispalyed this already.

On a different note if they were 104's then they were the bargain of the year woot.gif

Cheers

Aline

It seems that there was a large batch of 104's sold as 168's by mistake.

A few forums aroung the place lately have posted pictures of 104's saying they were bought as 168's.

Seems a few people picked up bargains laugh.gif

The 104's should be retailing for well over $100 each I'm told.

Although I prefer the banding on the 168's personally blush.gif

I take no responsibility if any of the above info turns out to be false. I'm simply passing on information I've been privvy to laugh.gif

dntknw.gif I'm lost now.

so those ppl who have bought the 104s would have gotten a better deal, cos they are more expensive?

I wouldn't say that. Some of my favourite fish only cost me a few dollars each, and would keep them any day over a thousand dollar arowana etc.

It sounds like people got a higher priced fish for their money, but whether you think it's a better deal or not is a personal opinion wink2.gif

Did anybody recieve any L168? I picked up five and all five were L104 and I picked up one more today and it's a spotted peckoltia not sure on the L number yet still looking into it.

I will get some photos soon.

If anyone recived different peckoltia's can you please post some photos so we can see what different peckoltia's have shown up?

Thanks

Dale

I have contacted where the fish were bought and it is being looked into. The ones I have were sold as 168's but upon second inspection seem to be 104's which would probably mean that I got a good deal either way.

Archived