Frustrating bn buyer.

hungsta

The buyer previously mentioned that he wanted 20-30. So about 15 minutes before he was meant to arrive, i bagged the fish up with an equal distribution in size. He was 1hr late, and when arrived said the fish were too small. I grabbed a ruler and showed him that they were the size posted.

I put the ruler next to one fish and it measured 3cm. Then he said he wanted another 10 and he wanted me to get the larger ones. I agreed and got 10 of the largest remaining fish in the tank.

Everything was good but he kept asking are you sure there is 40 in here, yet he didnt bother to count them. He calls me the next day and ask the same question.

I asked him if he counted them himself. This was the reply.

I put them in a large tank and tried to count them and it doesnt seem like there is the right amount of fish in here.

And this is what i got in my PM just then.

Hi, I got home from work today and 5 of the BN's are dead. There were all the very small ones. It is not acceptable. Since I was the first person there I should have the right to choose my fish. When you buy fish you select them, you dont arrive and find a bag with 30 fish.

I would like to hear what you are going to do?

First of all this buyer blames me for the death of his bn, which was in his care.

His perception of small to me is the correct size posted and measured with a ruler in front of his face. First come first serve doesnt mean that you get all the largest fish and leave the rest for someone else and this is also not a aquarium where you can choose your fish. When people have something to sell they dont sell the fish that they intend to keep, e.g. he wanted the 5cm+ bn for $1.

That was my horrible experience selling 40 bn for $40. Absolutely not worth it. Next time its the LFS for me.

Please share you opinions and experience.

I do not mind some constructive criticism.

Hung

P.S And no i will not pay him back $5 for the 5 bn that died in his care. dry.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geeze id tell him to get edit:MikeW smile.gifdntknw.gif You would be lucky to get 5 in a LFS for that price. I know sayin gthat would be bad for bussiness. But really ask him how long the tank was running and was it cycled properly? How big is it what filtration it has. Try and find a gltich in his set up and blame it on that. Or work wit it. Dont give him 5 dollars back. tell him he is a lucky man for getting them at that price and what he paid barley coverd the price it cost you to raise them for him. and that you bagged them eairlier for his convienence. If he is still hasseling you just take my fisrt bit of advie lol. LOL.gif Some people are just edit:MikeW : ). I=f i buy a fish from the LFS or take one home from work and even if it dies on arrival i dont take it back. Espacailly if it cost $1 dollar if you could get them that cheap any where lse.

hehehe

Man its good to get that out of your system.

Well that was actually my first bad experience selling fish.

Even though i get some buyers that do not rock up. This somehow gets on my nerve.

Oh wells, most of the time you meet good people on the forum.

When i wrote the post i still have doubts that i might have done something wrong. Still room for improvement i guess.

I will live and learn.

Thanx all and will certainly consider your advice.

iv had some bad experience with some buyers before they have rung up like an hour before to make sure il be home and then they don't turn up at all and don't even ring so i had wasted half my day waiting and i had to turn away other buyers.

For your entertainment... This was my response

Mate im not gonna do anything.

The fish is worth $3 each alone private and in retail you get it for $9 each.

I was selling for $1 so i can get rid of them so i can get some space for the cobalt blues. SO A BARGAIN... go check the price on other forums.

The rest of the fish were on hold for someone. Since you called and organise a time i saved the fish for you. You mentioned that you wanted 20-30 and i saved 30 for you. You mentioned you want another 10 so i gave it to you. I had to tell the other buyer that im 10 short cause i miscounted.

And how am i going to look if i gave you all the larger fish and save all the others smaller ones for the other buyer. I mentioned that the fish were 2-2.5cm on the post. you come to my house and u said they were small, did you look at the ruler before you arrived???I showed you the ruler and they were the right size. I measure with a ruler and not with my eyes, this has been my practice for many years of fishkeeping.

Also, the fish were all healthy... if they were on the verge of dying then its my fault.. they were fine, you said you found them dead the next day.

Whos fault is that? You said they were too small and it is not acceptable. I have moved them around all the time. I do not have any complaints from other buyers. And if you thought it was unacceptible then why did you buy it?

You misjudge my counting abilities when you didnt even count them yourself, you roughly counted them in your large tank and assume that it doesnt look like 40.

Mate if i knew this was gonna happen, i would gladly sold it to someone else.

hehehe

Man its good to get that out of your system.

Well that was actually my first bad experience selling fish.

Even though i get some buyers that do not rock up. This somehow gets on my nerve.

Oh wells, most of the time you meet good people on the forum.

When i wrote the post i still have doubts that i might have done something wrong. Still room for improvement i guess.

I will live and learn.

Thanx all and will certainly consider your advice.

I'm with BAZ. yes.gif

Cant wait to see his reply i hope he gets all defensive. LOL its goona beee fun. cool.gif

Tell him to have a cry if he kkeps complaining cryblow.gif

Mate your lucky - I am still waiting to hear from 3 people who still haven't called me or replied to numerous emails and PMs asking if they still want the 30 fish each they asked me to put on hold LOL.gif

No offence but IMHO, most of the time it is when you publicly post your fish 'too cheap' that all the toss-pots come out of the woodwork and mess you around.

I'm not saying cheap fish are bad, I like buying them and I like helping young people and newbs out with fish they couldn't afford retail, but it seems to me to be deals over $1 fish that always leave me with a sour taste.

Hung, you can only please some of the people some of the time. Don't let just another one of the worlds droppos bother you too much!

With the current war between AI and the rest of the world maybe $1 is about the going wholesale price, I know it was $1.10 not so long ago.

Small bns are easily lost in new tanks anyway.

...... and Duck, you are right, so often these cheapies, trying to helping someone seem to go "butt up" and cause serious grief.

smile.gif

Craig.

That was my horrible experience selling 40 bn for $40. Absolutely not worth it. Next time its the LFS for me.

lol....dont let this experience deter you from sellin cheap fish to other hobbyist.....hehe, nxt time jst deal with the people you know on ace, pretty good bunch if you ask me (well most) thumbup.gif

hay hung

well i bought 50 off you the other day and they seem to be all fine. 2-2.5cm seem big on a ruler but in real life it very small. but it didn't bother me. $1 for a 2-2.5cm bn, a bergen. man if you go to a shop you'll be playing 5-7 bux for 1. even if some die i wouldn't care. buying at the size there is a few risk. he should know that before he got them off you.

cheers minh

ps: the bn doing grate, they eat like pigs

Archived