Clown Loach's

viv_919

I was thinking of getting some Clown Loach's to combat my snail problem,

But was wondering do they prefer to be in a school of say 5 -6

or in pairs or alone?

Thanks rolleyes.gif

Alone they tend to be a bit jumpy and shy. (possibly resulting in short life span)

Pairs better but there tends to be a dominant fish.

A school is the way to go 4 or more.

Remember they get big. But they take a long time.

Great fish thumbup.gif

i have those really tiny little snails that comes out at night, durng day time u cant see any but at night when i suddenly turn the lights on,theres so many on the glass.

i have seen the clown loach eating them,but they cant totally get rid of them.

i have 4 in my 5x2x2.5

if your tank is small enough,im sure they will do a good job keeping the snails down!

i love the Loach's smile.gif

i have 6 @ 9-10cm in my 5x2x2 and they are my favourtie group of fish to watch, always schooling around together, very fun fish.

whilst it has been said they grow large, it also takes them about 10 years to get 35-30cm i believe, mine have grown 3-4cm in 6 months.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

hi

yep i agree

get em in groups!!! i had 2 in a tank a while bak and they killed everything cause they stressed out the day i got em and got white spot and i treated the tank and all the fish slowly died...this was quite a few years ago(4 i think-so only when i was gettin to the hobby). i had 4 about 1year ago and they were so fun to watch.

Depends on how many tanks you got. I have 5 x C/L and if i have a prob with snails then move one to deal with the buggers. but they do fine for a few weeks by themselves and even better in a school in a display,,,.

Archived