Mmmm chicken!

Teamsherman

Here he is, eating a chicken. They are in order of activities. Although, he did end up ripping the head off trying to get it into his hide rock, so he just ate the head then did the rest of the chook. You can see the size of the chicken in the first pic where i am holding it up, then in the pics when you see the size of the snakes head as opposed to the chicken. Funny though, soon as he got passed the shoulders i was watching tv and i went back in about 30 seconds and he was already at the feet. Oh well, you get the message with the pics anyway.

Enjoy the pics!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers, Alan.

For some reason, the chicken was a little 'worse' to see than a rat. Don't get me wrong, good pics, but I just think your better off feeding the snake something that doesn't taste good Kentucky Fried LOL.gif

ahahaha ducksta. Yeah, its kind of like seeing a de-composing cow and then thinking about steak!!!

The chicken will last him a month (well, it could last him longer but he is lucky here, he gets fed monthly).

And yes, every bit of it will be digested, including most feathers.

Wow. A whole month just on one chicken! They are awesome pics. Thanks for posting them up! How old is he? Do they do much apart from sitting there? :D

Wow Shermanator - thats quite gross, but i cant stop looking at the shot of the snake with the two chicken feet sticking out its mouth. Interesting series. Thanks for sharing.

Out of interest - Where does one buy a dead chicken?

Out of interest - Where does one buy a dead chicken?

It pays to have a good friend work at pace farms!!! I get them for nix, as the roosters that have been wrongly sexed as chicks get the goodnight treatment at about 8 weeks of age. And there are always a few sparies that my mate can get hold of.

Toufic, he is about 6 years old, and nah, they dont do much apart from sleep and eat. The only time he is active is about a week leading up to him being fed, he'll just cruise his enclosure sniffing around for a feed. Also when i get him out to handle him (which isnt nearly as often as i should) he moves around quite a bit, he has a habbit of coming up to my face and have a sniff which is very un-nerving for me cause you never know what he is thinking at the time so i try to restrain him from getting too close!! Id hate to recieve a nice "i love you" bite from him smack bang on the face!!

Archived