3 footer

roo

Hi Guys,

Which of these fish would be better suited to a three footer. (providing they CAN go in a three footer)

I have a three footer ready to go and I am not sure what to put in it.

I would think that certainly the afra would be 'more' suited to the 3' tank. Not saying demasoni could not work, or that afra definately will work but my opinion would be that afra would be the least painful option.

So Ducksta,

I take it you think a three footer isn't overly suitable for either of these fish.

Any recommendations for cichlids that would work in a 3 footer.

Cheers

Roo

Having not kept afra I can only gauge it on what I have read/heard. They would probably be fine. And thats all I will say.

However I do keep demasoni and I would certainly not recommend keeping them in a 3' tank, however I know there are people who do and have some success with them. I keep mine in a 4x2 and they are constantly at each other.

G'day

Is it possible to keep demasoni in a 3 foot tank yep! We actually did it in a 2 foot tank. blink.gif Do I believe a 3 ft tank is a good place to keep demasoni NO WAY! no.gif

Yes I believe you can keep the cobue in a three foot tank, provided they have lots of cover and are not too crowded it should work out.

I have breed Demasoni in a standard for foot tank and lost heaps to agression. I wouldn't recomend them. I havnet kept cobwe so I wont coment on them

thanks guys, I really wanted to keep Demasoni and was secretly hoping I could in a three footer.

I might give the afra a go and see how they work out, I can always move them to my display tank if it goes pear shaped.

Thanks for your replies,

roo

Dude, go the demasoni if that's what you want, I've been told that an equal male/female ratio dilutes much of the aggression. Fill the tank with small flowerpots with holes in them and fill the open water with fake copperart plants to provide 'out of sight cover' and you should be fine.

Archived