Tropheus and height

Ducksta

Here you go Ducky,

Red and brown colour combo ''Tropheus chipimbi''. I only started keeping Tropheus three weeks ago and so far so good. I have been doing weekly water changes, feeding only seraflora, keeping a colony of 21 tropheus and plenty of hiding places. They seem to be pretty happy swimming up and down the front glass. They look good in my 2.5 foot high tank. Tank size is 4ft x 2.5ft x 2ft. I can see it would be a problem trying to catch the fry's with a tank that high.

Here is a pic, sorry not a great one but you get the idea.

user posted image

Cheers Ziggy

Here are a few pics of mine, I currently keep Duboisi (Maswa), Sp.black Kiriza, bemba( just the one rouge) Sp.red, chipimbi, and Kachese.,

As mentioned these guys will occupy the space of what ever tank you have them in, if there are rocks they will swimm all over them up to the surface, but are equally at home in the open water in a tank( but realistically it aint really that open is it, not like 500m of sandy beach etc. i find that lenght is the most important, but as long as there is heaps of rocks, they are happy.

my few duboisi live happy in a 3x15x15, my 13 chipimbi are in a 6x18x18, my 4 (tomorrow 31) kachese are in a 8x2x2, 21 kiriza are in a 6x2x2. the rouge bemba is in a 6x2x2 harrasing my foai, yes blacks are cranky little buggers...

This is an older pic of my dominant male Kachese, he now has a few more red markings on his face., And all excited I get 27 more tommorrow!

(my favorite, so far)

user posted image

this is of my male duboisi

user posted image

This is a pic of my Kiriza , they are still young in this pic, ~3-5cm I will get another tonight and update them, I also have a soft spot for these guys!

user posted image

Hey hey Ducksta,

My Chipimbi wub.gifwub.gif

user posted image

You can also find my new Bulu Points in the photography forum......bad photography but great fish smile.gif .

Cheers

Aline

Ducky you will never look back...they are a very different tank to watch, and enjoy, than anything else I have. thumb.gif

Tropheus List, with pic's can be found here,

www.tanganyika.ru

or here,

www.cichlidpark.agava.ru...which are taken from Steve's Tropheus page links.

As for choices about what to have in your tank, woot.gif I want em all so I have no idea how you will choose, K1's are pretty hard to beat IMHO. They are not an expensive Tropheus so you should be able to get 20 or so as a start. I am biased tho, it is hard not to love the tank that looks like this....

user posted image

user posted image

If you are not into the bright yellow...I think the Chimba are a very nice darker species.

I do not see any "rock'n'roll" in the Ikola tank that is not represented by the duboisi...but that may just be luck of the draw dntknw.gif .

Also, I have very few rocks in my T-tanks rather than many-hiding-places...I do this so I can see anyone who is not feeding properly.

The fish use all of the tank, top & bottom, and have done very will in 160x60x45cm tank...the other colony is in a 134x60x45cm tank.

Go for it Duck!!!

Yes, I have six Tropheus variants but nothing can beat my first and best wub.gif

Matty and I have a long list of invites to catch up on as, it has been quite low key in our home as the renovations took place. The doors will open soon and we would love you to come Parrdog and say hi to the 60 or so Chipimbi in that tank LOL.gif .

Cheers

Aline

Thanks Andrea smile.gif

Bias is always there with the things we love blush.gif so it is nice to get confirmation from others.

Aline

Archived