4ft Display Tank

Fozz

Hey all

We have a spare 4ft tank I am about to turn in to a display tank. So far have 1 Large male front by his lonesome and am looking for some fish which will make the tank look alive while complimenting the front. i don't mind if it is tangs or Malawis as i am hoping to stock up at the gong auction next month.

thanks for the suggestions

Fozz

Hi Fozz,

I have always found that sole fronties become "roguish" and do not take to other fronties being added. Try some larger haps. eg C. moorii, P. phenochilus etc. or even some peacocks.

Andrea smile.gif

Why not get a large stone, paint some black and white stripes on it, do the edges in blue, and call it a frontosa? I mean ... it'd be about as active and interesting as a real one tongue.gif

*slides his stackhat on and waits for the inevitable rain of abuse*

Why not get a large stone, paint some black and white stripes on it, do the edges in blue, and call it a frontosa? I mean ... it'd be about as active and interesting as a real one tongue.gif

*slides his stackhat on and waits for the inevitable rain of abuse*

Oh god that was good LOL.gif

Thanks for that LOL.gif

I just love Frontosa - They remindme of my old Rottweiler - big, attractive in form, very sure of themselves and not having to make a fuss about that and therefore a great community fish, unless your a small edible other fish.

Michael

Are you sure your rottweiler wasn't dead? Mine moved a hell of alot more than any frontosa I ever saw...

The best looking frontie tanks I have seen have always been a few frontosa and a load of electric yellows. But I think I generally like the tank for the yellows more than the fronties.

Thanx Ducksta

I was starting to feel i had lost control of my topic I was thinking some electric Yellows and maigano they always seem quite good in a tank together nice complimentary colours i think.

Fozz

Seriously now, you're going to want something to contrast the white/black/blue of the frontosa. I've always liked the tropheops sp. 'chilumba' myself, females stay a nice orange and the males goes blueish with a red lined dorsal (if memory serves me corretly). Ducksta's right, some nice big yellows would look great though.

If you could get your hands on a nice male protomelas sp. "steveni taiwan reef", it'd make a great display fish.

I was looking on google for pics of the fish you suggested blakeyboyr and am wondering how common is Tropheops sp "yellow chin and how much would i be lookin to pay for them as i seen a pic a thought they were unreal

that a great pic andrea um I can see a front in there but do not have a clue what all them other fish are little help please.

Thanx

Thanx I knew that I was um um testing ( dntknw.gif ) you yeah that sounds good.

Thanx heaps they look cool ill have to keep my eye out at the auction for them I better make a list come to think of it

Thanx

I've never seen tropheops sp. 'yellow chin' so far, however tropheops varieties are definately available. Give some of our sponsors a call and see if they can help you.

C. moori would definately fit in well, however you may want to add something that contrasts the frontosa a little more. Auloncara baenchi 'benga' would do that wonderfully. Awesome fish and I know that at least one person on this forum breeds them.

There is a surplus of great quality F1 Auloncara fry around at the moment. Have a look on the net for different Auloncara species you like, you're bound to find at least one.

O.K well I take it that thats all the suggestions thankyou to everyone who offered there 2cents and ill c yous all at the wollongong auction in just over a month I wont be hard to spot ill b the guy scratching his head with a list of common names trying to work out what fish are what with all the scientific names being called out dntknw.gif

Thanx Fozz

They will have the projector at the Auction Fozz. Just sit back and look at the photo's laugh.gif. If you want some C. moorii around 4cm's let me know. I can get you some.

Thanks Ducksta & little swimmer

you both helped me out and had me laughing at the same timeyeah I would be interest in some blue dolpins I will Pm you about the prices and so forth thanks heaps

fozz

Archived