Chalk up another one for the good guys

Ducksta

Well the severum pair which I waited for someone to come and pick up all day Sunday angry.gif have spawned for me. It is now obvious that they are a pair, and both fertile, so I think once they have raised the fry I will double the price (at least LOL.gif ) but I can't bring myself to move them on just now rolleyes.gif

I was hoping this wouldn't happen. The bloke who didn't show has turned out to be an even bigger loser than a regular no-show, as he missed out on a damn good sized spawn dntknw.gif

It is very annoying indeed.

Nigel, there is no need for public shaming, they have the honour of joining "THE LIST" and I will no longer even attempt any dealings with them in future. It's called the one strike rule (only the uncoordinated need 3 chances).

The eggs were laid on top of my bristlenose cave. Now they are wriggling this morning (I think laid Monday? But wasn't paying close attention as they are both coming to feed so I had no reason to worry) I am a bit worried that they will get munched, but I am not overly fussed, if a few make it, bonus smile.gif

I don't see a problem with you naming the person. It's one of the worst parts of the hobby when a person does not have the decency to let you know they can't make it. Maybe naming them will encourage them not to do it to some other person in the future.

I'd suggest you edit your posts and remove the name calling, and then feel free to ask the person involved to explain their side of the story. They may have a valid reason why they could not turn up or ring you.

As long as you provided your phone number to the person, there is no excuse for not turning up or ringing to say you can't turn up.

If anyone gets nasty, they can have a spell from the forum for a few days (or longer) so be nice. There are always two sides to every story, so both parties should get a right of reply.

I'm going to remove some of the posts in this thread that don't contribute to it very well laugh.gif

If you don't want to name the member, that's fine too.

Geez I hope the guy was just a lazy prick & hasn't ended up in hospital or something out of his control. I don't know the full story, just speculating that he might not be a time waster.

Well one of the reasons I wont name them is that I haven't heard their side of the story yet. I don't want to go getting them offside with everybody and then find out they are in hospital or something :?

I will retract any name calling and happily deal with them later if they have a genuine reason. However, as you say, they do have my phone number (both of them even) and my address, so it would need to be a mighty good reason 4 days on.

Yeah it sucks doesn't it.

I once had a bloke call me at 8pm one night to come and see some fish for sale saying he'd be there by 9.30pm the latest. I told him to leave it for the next day as it was midweek and need to get up for work at 2am. He begged and pleaded saying that that particular day was the only day he could make it and was worried the fish I had for sale were going to be sold to someone else as I had told him that one guy was really interested. So I agreed but told him to not come later than 9.30 as I needed to go to bed.

Well wadda ya know? A no show and had me up waiting till 10.30 with no phone call and never heard from him since. I learnt my lesson!

Nick.

I agree guys, communication is key! It isnt that bloody hard to ring and say you're not turning up. I find most people are pretty easy going if you do them the decency of keeping in contact and making sure they're aware of exactly what is happening.

Mate if I make an appointment to see someone whether it's from the forum here or a personal matter or whatever, I make sure I get there 2 minutes earlier and if I am running late whether it be 10 minutes or an hour when it's out of my own control like excess traffic etc etc, I make sure I call ahead and notify that person. Wish others were the same......

Me and Ben do regular trips to Sydney From Newcastle, and if we can be at 6 different locations to drop off fish around the city on time, anyone can be on time laugh.gif

I agree Andy.

I'm appauling with time (always try to do too much at once) however I always ring when I know I'll be delayed - a lot of people unfortuanley don't understand this concept.

when i was selling my venusta fry my mailbox was 100%full with people who were coming to pick some up ,and guess what? 100% no show! when i sold the breeding colony, the guy phoned ,rang again to say he was on his way, rang again to say he was running a bit late, turned up ,bought the fish and 2 mouthfulls as a bonus!

some people just don't have the basic respect for others.

a simple phone call can fix everything, but what can we do, THEY CAN'T AFFORD A PHONE CALL!!!!

I once had a guy called me upto pickup couple of fish, they called the night before to organise a pickup the next day.. WHOLE DAY no phone call no nothing...

Few days later I get another phone call explaining to me something urgent (well a simple phone call can fix that too!) came up and they would like to come tomorrow to pick it up! Once again waited and waited NO SHOW NO COMMUNICATION sad.gif

For me I really don't care if they can't make it at a certain time and come late/early etc AS LONG AS I GET A PHONE CALL smile.gif

Communications work both ways guys. Maybe a little initiative to ring them to find out where they are????? If they dont answer cause they are obviously screening their calls and dont want to answer, use another phone number they dont know, if then they still dont answer, cancel the pickup and go about your daily chores ect. Then if they do turn up and your not home or whatever, then thats their own fault for not being punctual.

Archived