Welcome back :)

BaZ

Welcome back to the forums, I hope you all managed to get through the last day and a bit LOL.gif

Thanks heaps to Mark for getting to the bottom of the problem and fixing things. I'm sure you all appreciated his message on the front page letting you know what was happening clap.gif

If you had no idea what was going on, I'm betting you do not have the front page bookmarked blush.gif

its good the site is back, i thought i was banned or something after 4hrs of clicking refresh

You didn't read the big red message??? rolleyes.gif

Well although it was a pain, I actually quite enjoyed not having this site to take care of for a few hours. It gave me a chance to check out all the other fish forums I have bookmarked, but usually don't have time to check out smile.gif

It's good to be back all the same thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You didn't read the big red message??? rolleyes.gif

i only bookmarked the forum, i didnt bookmark the intro page, after 4 hrs i decided to try access the forum through the intro page, and thats when i saw that message in bold. well its good the site is back.

Apologies all - and welcome back!

It seems ACE was too popular for its own good and exceeded our allowed bandwidth allocation. Everyone will be pleased to know we've upgraded the bandwidth available to ACE to support our growing community.

Thanks to Mark for his time and efforts to get it back on track.

Enjoy!

In the beginning there was darkness for 28hrs and then.... behold, a light, at first it thought it was my mind playing unforgiving tricks, but no, it really was the one true light, so rejoice for ACE forums are back to show the way to the multitudes of true belivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeze I'm full of it! LOL.gif

Lets hope that doesn't happen again! LOL.gif The amount of real work I got done at my desk was amazing, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If the forum wasn't back up this morning I would have finished my 'to do' list. ( that was a close call) laugh.gif

I think my boss is wondering what I have been doing the last couple of months

"It seems ACE was too popular for its own good and exceeded our allowed bandwidth allocation"

Dave, this is odd, considering on the other boards (where the question was asked), the staff were quite adamant in pointing out that no, this was not the case, and it was an error on the part of the service provider?

I'm glad we're back BTW.

Duck -

I'm not sure what you mean... but we have definately have been exceeding our bandwidth sad.gif (by a considerable amount).

We have upgraded now - so it should happen again (for a while anyway).

Hey Dave, not having a dig, but perhaps the right hand should know more about what the left hand is doing? I was not overly bothered by it, even going as far as suggesting Mark overspent the budget on snags, and couldnt afford the bandwidth bill LOL.gif But yea, an example of what was posted elsewhere...

We're looking into it. It doesnt seem to be a bandwidth problem

Duck, why is it that some days you are just impossible to please??

Here's the full story for all the stickybeaks laugh.gif

Initially there were a number of things which pointed towards this being an error on invision's part.

That explains all the messages and posts that Duck has been fanatically researching across this superhighway for the past few days.

However, once invision finally started talking to us it turned out to be a simple matter of updating our plan to cover our increasing bandwidth demand.

I am not sure why they chose this week to do something about it, and am also not sure why they did not contact us about it before shutting things down.

Frankly, I dont care about it because it's now history and cannot be changed. What matters is that things appear to have been sorted out so that this will not happen again.

So hopefully this will put Ducksta's mind at ease and he can once again get a good night's sleep.

cryblow.gif I was having fun and all.

But now I have complete run-down of events that I can catalogue and save for a later date. Thanks Baz. I thought mine were pretty simple questions to answer anyway raisehand.gif

*snickers and runs away before drawing anymore unnecessary attention to myself*

Archived