Simply Disgusted!

novafishy

I walked into an LFS today and saw some great marketing skills. They were selling...now get this...4-5cm HOT PINK Oscars and ELECTRIC BLUE Oscars for $15 each. WOW! What a great deal! And as an added BONUS, they come with FREE white spots!!

They were also selling a 5" black tiger oscar with terrible colouration, and a bruised mouth for $65!

DOn't you just love a bargain when you see one?

Working in a LFS I can attest to the fact that oscars seem to be prone to white spot in holding tank situations, that being said however, once staff recognise that they do indeed have the condition (and if theyre a decent shop they will be checking their fish health regularly, as both the shops I have worked at have/do), the fish should be placed in a hospital tank and treated, not sold to the public who for the most part dont even know what white spot is!

And as for dyed fish, I personally think it is a disgusting practice overall, though doing it to intelligent fish such as oscars makes my blood boil even more than the usual dyed glass fish etc. (which is horrible in its own right)

I know this is a little off the topic but I have noticed alot with oscars being sold in LFS both juvie and adult sizes that a large number always seem to have what looks to me finrot ( well it looks like pieces of fin missing and has gone a white colour). I've seen it in newly arrived oscars still in the bags at the LFS that have come from the wholesaler too. Whats the go as its really put me off oscars at the moment?

Archived