OT- A whinge

BaZ

I had to work today and tomorrow, which means I was unable to go to the Wave Aid benefit concert sadsmiley02.gif

That's all, just had to share my pain laugh.gif

Me too, but the Oils are playing.

They played last night too, a practice gig, and I had to miss that also.

But they are the next act and I have the radio up nice and loud smile.gif

Some = Most IMHO. I have been disheartened by many a live show. It breaks my heart these people get record deals while blokes playing in pubs who can actually sing in key remain unnoticed for life. Some of the best live bands I have seen have been in local pubs with a $10 entry fee...

Yeah...doubtfull that the Oils could ever put on a show that was "average". They are still one of my all time favorite live events.

Take heart Baz, there is a highlights package on "Chanel V" tomorrow night...might not be as good as being there but at least it is a little taste, eh??!! thumb.gif

I've got it on the radio now Maz, but I dont have cable or whatever I need for chanel V

But one of the blokes at work does smile.gifthumb.gif

I love it when a band plays " messy " or misses a bit here or there.

We buy the records to hear them play perfectly..

If they played their music exactly the same as on their records then i reckon it would be pretty boring..

Just my $0.02c

If they played their music exactly the same as on their records then i reckon it would be pretty boring..

I disagree...I buy the records because I like the way they sound. Nothing annoys me more than going to a concert and hearing my favourite songs being altered considerably on the night. Elton John is a classic example sadsmiley02.gif ...extra harmonies and changing the key mad.gif

merjo smile.gif

but by the same token some bands are really themselves live & their albums pale in comparison. Any old school Metallica fans will know what I'm on about.

think of it this way merjo, it's their music, if they wrote it for themselves & not just for money they will get bored with it & mix it up a bit - otherwise if they just play it identically to the album every night, they may as well be tribute cover artists.

Just my opinion of course

I didnt attend the gig or hear it on the redio, but can someone tell me if Mr Garrett made any little political statements during the concert?

It interests me to see if he let his current career as a poli affect his on-stage presence, which having been to a few oils gigs in my day always included a few broadsides to the countries political leaders. Im sure if he wasnt a polly he would have got stuck right in...

He made some comment about how he must be the only Labor MP playing in a rock band that night, said he felt like the luckiest man in the world, and asked people not to forget him in 2 and a half years.

A harmless bit of self promotion, and certainly NOTHING like the bagging he used to give Little John, Dubya and anyone else in a position of power smile.gif

Archived