Introduce Yourself

hoges

Now that we have a brand new forum I thought it would be nice to find out a little more info about some of the people here!!! :D

I'm not really sure how much info people are happy about putting out there but a little bit about me to start the ball rolling.

My real name is Laura

I'm 22

Keep American Cichlids

Oh i've also just finished an Applied Science degree in Occupational Therapy from Sydney Uni

hmmm dunno what else to put!!! :(

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm YeW - most of you know me. 27 years old - I keep mainly stepped breeding tangs although I have an interest in dwarfs from west Africa and South America.

I am a molecular biologist by training... just completed my PhD looking for a post doctoral fellowship.

I also have an interest in odd plants (succulents, carnivorous plants etc).

:(

Richards the name, Cichlids the game ;)

im 14 in highskewl

Kepping the following fish: E.blues, Lab hongi, Bristlenose, 2 types of calvus, A. comp, frontosa, red empress, m. interupttus.

Interest are: cichlids, online gaming, chicks.

Hi I'm Andrea from Perth. I have a couple of degrees which I don't use (geology and enviro. sc.), 38 and am passionate about my fish. I keep mostly tangs, but have a few malawis and assorted others. There are about 60 tanks in total. I've worked in the pet and aquarium industry for about 5 years, and ;) like KeW , I have an interest in plants. My main loves are my fish, my Devon Rexes, my dogs, and my rocks.

merjo

Name: Fiona

Fish: quite a few, mainly Malawi, some tang, some W. African riverine.

Other animals: Dogs (Hungarian Vizsla), horses, cats, cavies, chooks, cockatiel, budgies, mice, hmmm....

Interests: Varied. I do dog Agility and instruct etc.

Work: Uni student. Parent. Unpaid dog related.

Boring level: varies.

Silly level: usually high.

Jelly preferences: pineapple. Doesn't stain as much when wrestling in it.

My name is Paul, I'm 23 with blonde hair and blue eyes (joke :D ).

I'm a 'Newbie' to Cichlids but extremely keen. I currently have a 4t setup housing Malawis and hoping to get a 6ft setup with Tanganyikans soon.

Other interests: movies, PC and console games, music (all genres), cars, girls especially the ones who are also interested back :D .

Paul

My name is Jeik, im 21 and am close to completing a commerce/law degree. I mainly keep Malawi cichlids but have recently developed an interest in tangs. Breeding cichlids is my passion and hope to one day make living from doing so. :rolleyes:

Name: Seay (pronounced "sai") dont ask me where it comes from..

I keep yellows, lab hongis, a. calvus, ps. saulosi, j. transcriptus, t. duboisi, p. nigripinnis.

Work at Optus, folks business, sell on Ebay and do small time breeding.

Bad habits : smoking and FREAKING POKIES (im cutting down :angry:: )

Other pets : 4 little runt chihuahua's <-- was not my idea. I hate them so much.

During any spare time I play online gaming! :D

Seay

As already noticed a couple of posts back this is sounding like the Cichlid dating service :D :D

Aline is my name thanks to a French with other bits mixed in background.

My age is not an issue, the fish never ask, have you guessed yet that I must be over thirty at least.

I am an adult educator (teacher) and am nearing completion of a huge double degree Psych and Sociology. :angry:

I have over 45 tanks with Malawans, Tanganyikans, Americans and CATS.

Two dogs, two birds, one man, two teenagers and you have our zoo.

Probably known best by members of the NSWCS as never being able to sell the winning raffle tickets :lol: :lol:

Hope to meet you all one day.

Cheers

Aline

Katoomba, NSW

Shaun aka crashFragment

fish interests: South American fish (any and all), catfish and oddballs. also into "biotope aquaria", replicating a specific habitat or location (river, lake etc) in the aquarium.

located in Geelong, victoria.

working as a commercial cleaner. studying next year (i hope).

right now my tanks are full of catfish :angry:

other interests: cats (siamese & burmese), sci-fi, true crime, the simpsons, the league of gentlemen, the aliens movies, history (egyptian, south american), music (hard rock, heavy, techno, alternative, rap...um pretty much whatever), filtration, australian paleontology...lots more...

-shaun

My real name starts with an 'E', I am 23 years old and i spent the early years of my life as a small captial city in a poor central american country that no longer exists, with any luck i could be becommoing a Uni bum (5 years, no degree yet :D ) But it'll be philosphy or creative writing or bio sc., not sure yet, maybe all??? But until then i seem to pass as a jack of all trades, i'm one of those people who know people, if that makes any sense?

I hate to use a few words when many will do!

I admire people who speak their mind regardless of the consequences.

I have 9 tanks, Central and South Americans some malawis and some natives.

I also have 2 Jack Russel terriers, a cat and a scorpion.

When i'm not involved with that lot i am on the quest for personal enlightenment...

My name is Rodney, 25 years old and I have been working in IT for the last 6 years. I maintain servers that have OpenVMS installed on them.

I currently have African cichlids, two cats (named Puss Puss and Cuss Cuss), one loverbird and a pair of Green Indian Ringneck (that for some reason now have a yellow baby).

Well, im unfortunatly a Morgan, hopefully some day to change :&

I have 12 tanks, mainly tangs and a few malawins, marines, an eel and a turtle.

I busy myself with my fish, dog (Alaskan Malamute), horse (Warmblood) etc. I only JUST tolerate the 3 cats and birds.

I'm 3 days away from my 19th B'day, juggle 2 jobs and am majorly over work and under paid. I'm in a long term relationship and somehow end up spending alot more money than i should.

I think that just about sums it up...

Oh.... and i talk way too much, mainly irrelevant dribble :lol:

Nikki

I'm Gutty and thats about all you need to know....... ;)

Name: Matt

DOB: 23/11/72

Job: CAD/CAM/CNC machinist

Interests: MotoX, MTB, Beer etc

Fav Fish: Malawi Peacocks/Haps

Lata

Archived