Frontosa on the list?

Kimbo

Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki

Botia lohachata

Luciosoma spilopleura

Sawbwa resplendens

Cyphotilapia frontosa

Cichlasoma sp hybrid (Blood Parrot Cichlid) laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Glossolepis incisus

Hypancistrus zebra

Dekeyseria pulcher

Panaque nigrolineatus

HHMMMM Lets let the hybrids in. I dont want to start a new debate. But why are they even being considered?

Anyway thats the list

Josh, if Cichlasoma sp. "hybrid" was allowed in, well then that would mean that any and all parent species would be allowable. Also, the import of pure species labelled Cichlasoma "hybrid" would be quite easy. It is quite possible some tool has put the cash up to have the fish allowed, but it is my belief that it is a very shrew fan of American cichlids thumb.gif

That could be an arguement put forward to bring pure Cichlasomas in wink.gif , but then that could also see them not added for that reason.

Under that arguement the FH would be included, i personally cant see them being added to the import list but it may make it interesting to see how things pan out.

I think you will find it will only be as it has been put forward.

Cichlasoma sp "Blood Parrot"

another words thats what will show on the import list IF it is passed and thats basically all they will allow.

But Ducksta has brought up some loop holes that may stop them being added.

If they think about it the same way wink.gif

LOL.gifLOL.gif @ Ducksta

Kimbo at the moment they havnt been passed so nothing on the web yet.

This has been gong on for nearly 2 years already and that link was the 2nd time they have been put up..

They didnt get approved the first time round, everytime something gets close the Govt changes whoever is in charge of the potfolio (spelling) making it one big merry go round. dry.gif

If they go on the list as Cichlasoma sp this means anything from that genus. If you have a look at the list there are quite a few that are on there as species. So as an importer I would bring what ever I liked from that species. smile.gif

If it ever gets on the list it will be specific... Cichlasoma sp "Hybrid Blood parrot" or something to that effect. The only reason the "blood parrot" stands a chance of being put on the list is that the males are sterile. Propagation is not as simple as "Blood parrot x Blood parrot = blood parrot". U infact get nothing... Hence they are not a "biosecurity threat" in that sense. These "jelly bean" fish are also screwed up and deformed enough to have no chance of survival in the wild (unlike all other Cichlasoma true sp.).

The blood parrots are easy enough to spot at AQIS inspections. If any other Cichlasoma sp comes in NOT looking like the jellybeans, then u can attempt on bringing them in, but they'll never get past the airport. AQIS will know only to allow the jellybeans in.

... so give it a rest. If any cichlasoma makes it on the list, it will not be anything this cichlid forum is interested in. blush.gif

If zebra plecos make the list, it may then open the doors for all other smallish plecos.... L134, L52, L333, L260... etc etc.

Kevkoi you have no idea how wrong every thing you said is. I have been doing this for a long time I know how it works with both AQIS and the Department of Heritage and Enviroment. If they go on the import list as Cichlasoma sp then you can bring every thing from that species. The "blood parrot" part of it means nothing and as far as AQIS is concerned its Cichlasoma sp. dry.gif

Hi all,

Just read the news:

The Hon Ian Campbell, made a decision to reject the inclusion of

Cichlasoma sp hybrid (Blood Parrot Cichlid) to the live import list.

This decision was made in part because the unspecific parentage of the

Cichlasoma sp hybrid meant that a thorough risk assessment of the

possible impacts of this species on the Australian environment was not

possible.

clap.gif

Cheers,

DD

Archived