2 foot tank

Lepperfish

Hi

I've had a trio of peacocks (Aulonocara lwanda's, 1m 2f) and a pair of bristlenose in a 2' tank, they seemed fine and both were breeding happily. Another good option would be a few multis, they would go well and probably be me comfortable in a 2'

I hope this helps

Nik smile.gif

yup you could put a pair of occies in there, or some brevis but i reckon multis are the way to go! they live in colonies and so you can keep more then a pair in there which should make the tank and interaction between fish a bit more interesting.

N.multifasciatus, N.brichardi, N.leleupi...that ia start. 

hmm i hope you didnt mean all in the same 2footer! wink.giflaugh.gif

I think the best choice is ONE of the following:

Lamprologus ocellatus

Neolamprologus multifasciatus*

Julidochromis spp. (smaller types)

* = best choice IMHO.

Dave aka

N.multifasciatus, N.brichardi, N.leleupi...that ia start. 

hmm i hope you didnt mean all in the same 2footer! wink.giflaugh.gif

LOL...would be an active tank wouldn't it?! But only for about 24-72hrs blink.giflaugh.gif

No. I meant one of the listed groups. rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Seems like the general opinion for that size tank, favours the N.multi's by far.

If I had a spare 2' tank it would be another fry tank, sometimes hospital, sometimes quarantine tank... but thats me.

I agree, dwarf Tangs are great, and pretty easy to keep thumb.gif N. multi's are a treat to watch but dont have flashy colours which turns a few display oriented minds away, but are great for fish minded people.

My 2ft tank used to be a holding tank - now it is a fry tank I have over 150 lil aurora fry bouncing around in there. Im getting more tanks soon - lots more tanks! hopefully the demasoni fry will be ok with the aurora fry in the meantime...

kingsizei gold

pseudo 'neon spot' are 1 and 2 on my immediate hitlist

anyways not getting OT..... I think a 2fter or even a 3 fter make a great lil fry tank - if u have fry

no fry and want fry - neo multi tank would go off like a frog in a sock!

theres a LFS near me that keeps a pair of brichardis in a three foot tank divided into three sections, So effectively they are in a one foot cube. They constaintly breed. I wouldnt advise to go that small, but a 2 foot would be good IMO

Josh

The Brichardi are nice.. Im unsure of brevis. Whats the full name ?

Brichardi arent shell dwellers are they. Do they just need caves and rocky hiding places?

Archived