A hot october

catcher

I didn't think we needed 2 threads about the hot weather, so I have merged them rolleyes.gif

Andy, Ducky is right about the heaters.

Even waaaayyy up here in dizzy heights of Woodford I normally turn my heaters off through summer.

It gives me a little insurance in case it gets real hot, and it also takes away any chance of a thermostat going bung and locking in the ON position. The way I see it, I like to reduce the chances of something going wrong which is out of my control.

Most of my heaters run off a power board, so all I do is turn it off at the switch. I leave the heaters in the tanks, and if we get a freak cold snap I just flick that one switch and they are all working again.

Most of my heaters run off a power board, so all I do is turn it off at the switch. I leave the heaters in the tanks, and if we get a freak cold snap I just flick that one switch and they are all working again.

Absolutely the best way LOL.gif

As I mentioned earlier the reverse cycle aircon is keeping the garage/fishroom at about 26, the heaters in the 8 footer in the house have been removed for nearly 2 months, the tank having nearly 900l volume is more stable I guess...currently 27, outside today, ~ 35, typical day in Rocky

I have an 20 litre tank with a pair of gold ocellatus in it. They have about 20 1 week old fry. On that really hot day (38 here) the tank got up to 32. I did what I could, throwing in half a dozen ice cubes at a time. I thought I would lose all the tiny fry, and perhaps mum and dad too. 8 hours later the outside temperature dropped to 23. 3 days on, I'm half dead with the flu, and I didn't lose one little occie. Tuff little buggers I reckon.

Brett.

Archived