Red Cichlids

Adzzy

Hi all

i have a 8x2x2 display tank and seem to have alot of blue and yellow going on and would like to introduce a little red

My question is what are some Cichlids that are nice and red in colour and available in Sydney?

Its pretty hard to to pass up the reds in a red forest jewel (this is H.guttatus).When breeding they are seriously red.They do have a nasty side.You havent told us about the fish they would be sharing with

IMG_3106.jpg

I used to stoke SA cichlids for about 10 years and the wife recently decided that she wanted a salt water tank so i have meet her half way and changed to African cichlids

The only 3 fish i have kept from my original setup is a very large Flagtail and 2x 35cm Plecos which now share the tank with around 50 African cichlids from all over, mind the spelling

Lethrinops 2 types

Tropheus 3 types

Peacocks

Burtoni

Dolphins

Frontosa

Acie

Saulosi

Maingano

Brownae XMAS Fulu

Chilumba

Taiwan reef

Venustus

Afra cobwe

to name a few

• 1 month later...

Killiguy has the right idea, you wont get redder than a breeding red jewel. If you get a male and female they are the easiest fish to breed.MIne would not stop spawning. I got 3 spawns out of mine and I placed them back in the display tank, where they spawned again. I just let them go, that lot fed a few fish, but I had plenty.

Its pretty hard to to pass up the reds in a red forest jewel (this is H.guttatus).When breeding they are seriously red.They do have a nasty side.You havent told us about the fish they would be sharing

IMG_3106.jpg

And hard to get the real McCoy red jewel with this quality. Well done killiguy

Archived