Most Expensive Fish Purchase?

anchar

What is the single most expensive fish that you have ever purchsed?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of them would be tankbusters like Arowana or some very rare and exotic catfish.

I doubt many people will post up pics for security reasons.

Thank god most cichlids are reasonably priced smile.gif

Cheers

Paul

$800 for a royal panaque & was happy to buy another but it was slightly cheaper? yeh so for a couple of these could have bought a reasonable car, that i dont have at the moment. has brought me enjoyment and thats all that matters. thumb.gifwoot.gifthumb.gifohmy.gif

$70, Xenotilapia spilopterous, Tang sand sifter, got two , 6 months later i got 2 more for $45 as no one was buying them, dont know why they are great little fish.

I think the usuall cost is about 30-40 ( for which there isnt a bracket!), but this is for Tropheus, and then you are getting 15-30 each time so that adds up quite quick.

last Toga i got was for the cost of a piece of bread, and a tin of cat food, ~60cents!

this was used to catch cray fish to use as bait, to catch the 60odd cm Scleropages leicharti, yum yum!!! but lots of bones and those scales are a bugger to remove..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived