Neolamprologus

noyd

They are called Neolamprologus Sexfasciatus, they are nasty little fellas apparently. They are sometimes known as 'poormans frontosa' but apart from the slight resemblance they are nothing like them. Here is a profile on the gold variant: http://www.sydneycichlid.com/profiles/nsexfasciatusgold.html. As you can see they only grow about 15cm max.

Anthony :wub

yeah this pics the one..

they are only about 1" at the shop.. for the price i said above..

how many of them can I put in a 2'?

since "I can't" put frontosas in there, I will go for these fellas since they r smaller

Oh yea, i didn't think of N.Tretocephalus, i think your right there :D, well do a google search anyway and you'll find a bit of info hopefully.

Anthony :wub

:D Ok people,

QUESTION: what is the difference between tretocephalus and sexfasciatus????

the answer is trets have 5 main blue bars you dont count the bar over the eye!!! sexfasciatus has 6 main bars and the half eye bar,

Also trets have 3 bars under their dorsal fins and sexfasciatus have 4.

hope this helps with any confusion. :D

Never compare how many fish are in a tank in a shop compared to what should be kept in a 2' tank to keep their health longterm..

Fish are only housed in shop short term and not long term if all goes to plan :)

Plus overcrowding in shop tanks in some cases can help stop aggression between siblings..

IMO a 2' tank is too small for trets as you are more likely to finish up with 1 dominant male ..

But what if you have 1 male 1 female Mark? Surely 2 fish isn't over crowding? (i understand that noyd was inquiring about putting several in a 2 ft and not just 2) i am just curious :D

Anthony :)

cool, once i have the fronts in the 4', can u give me names of other fish i can mix with them? i dont want too many, maybe 3/4 more along with the fronts

clown loaches, bristlenose etc

Hi Anthony :D

2 trets in a 2' just not enough room IMO they can be very agro even too their own kind

and a 2' tank leaves no space to run and hide ..

Granted you could raise fry in the 2' short term but eventually more space is needed..

Hi,

I totally agree with E4G13M4N. Most LFS stock their tanks at a higher rate than is acceptable for fish in the long term. Two fully grown trets in a 2' :B is not viable and in the end you will only be left with one.

merjo

Archived